The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear foglight

Spyke169

Did any of the Japan spec or Euro spec galants come with a rear fog light? I have done some looking but didn't come up with anything.

THanks,
~Nick

Here in Sweden we have rear fog lights on our Galants!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Except my VR-4, it has those rear lights like the US spec VR-4 has!!

Last edited by a moderator:

misterfixit

Yup, here in euro land all galants had to have rear fogs. (ec Regs.)

I posted a pic of a twin fog awitch a while back, (top for front bottom for rear) and there's a warning light in the clocks. Its the inner lights on the trunk.. you guys in the us got six tails, we only got 4.

21w bayonet bulbs, same as the winkers and reverse, for the foggies.

Rich

3Diamond

They are bright! For those even more fortunate, their fog light switch comes with two settings (2 switches) one for front foggies, one for rear. And those even MORE fortunate (to get the german spec) galants come with the vertically adjustable headlights (for those of you that have 89 under-steering wheel panel with little pocket... youll notice that there are two indents that were there, that look like they were meant for choke...thats where the adjuster switch actually resides (and on top one some LED that i never figured out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Also you get an orange foggy light 3 lights away from check engine light in gauge cluster, kind of wierd, since the switch also goes from green to orange.

Oh and no trunk mounted antenna!! Its mounted on A pillar above drivers head.

Spyke169

do you know where I can find pics of the light? or does anyone have any pics they can post?
THanks,
~Nick

GVR4ZUM

I found this on member's rides, I think this is what you're talking about.

Last edited:

Looks like a wierd place for a 3rd brake light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

steve

Its not a 3rd brake light, its a fog light to make the car more visible from the rear in heavy fog.

CP

Almost every european car comes with one these days: Audi, Saab, Volvo, MB...

You could also just add a bright red light below the bumper and activate it with a switch. Older Porsche 911s had this setup. I'm more worried about someone running into me during a snowstorm due to poor visibility than anything else. Maybe I should re-install my inner tail light bulbs for the winter months.

I can take a pic of my Galant GLSi-88 that has rear fog lights, i will take a pic with and without the fog lights on...

Spyke169

That would be great thanks. The rewiring one of the brake lights is a good idea too, I have thaught about this before also.

misterfixit

the trunk only changes colour on pre 89s, where there was no front fogs and they had a single switch. Its the factory jdm front fog switch used as a rear.

The switches you'd be talking about are the headlight height. (all 1991 on had these in euroland) and the second indent is for the choke. Was the led you refer to an alarm?

The brightness is given by a tin reflector in thesere as well to concentrate the beam.

GVR4UM, thats borats car ( a jdm) so it has an extra typa approval fog light to comply with road approval, the led thing is the brakelight in the evo wing

Here's my motor in original form with the fogs (89up tails)

If you look you can just see the brightness of the tin under the inner lense.

I can't remember if id removed the plate at this point, but it had the euro inner tails at this point, here it is lit up

Rich

Last edited:

Sorry for my late pics but here the are!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry for these bad pics, it's cold outside and was freezing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

3Diamond

Yeah, although i never had a choke on mine, just the headlight switch and a small led (that never did anything...honest! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) But then again the previous owner seemed to believe he was dr fankenstein in serious need for cash and cut (yes cut) all wiring that wasnt connected to something (and probably sold it). Regardless, i have seen the dual foglight switch and i want it! There are a couple of other quirky things euro galants came with the wiring for fenderlites, and abs, but most bever had the actual ABS.

oh, and light diffusion pattern is different:

headlight-beams-on-wall-illustration.gif

ECE: europe, JDM, well...JDM, and DOT...is dot on the DOOOOT.

4Grim

The only reason I would use a rear foglight is for asshats that like the tailgate me. I think a good dose of burning retnas will teach them to stay off peoples asses...but thats just me.

Jason G.

Since I put that Glock sticker on ther back of my truck no one rides my ass anymore. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

That seems somewhat useful, especially with weather like Central FL had today. By 4pm it was pitch black out and raining.

Last edited:

AllanL

hi sorry to bring up a very old thread...

does anybody have the wiring diagrams for the front and rear fog combination.

here's the switch for this combination of foglights:
img.php

thanks in advance...

You are bumping a 3 year old thread(and are using my pic! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif ), i think you better made a new thread. And, how could you need wiring diagrams for fogs? Wiring up fogs to a switch isn't that hard.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Hertz

Staff member
A USDM doesn't even have the wiring for the rear fog, so you'll be wiring it up from scratch anyway.

AllanL

Yes Sir, which is why I am searching for the wiring diagram.
Thanks.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned