The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Quick question with a video (noise)

coolclean577

I have a wierd noise that started happening a few days ago, it a noise that is just a loud screech-ish noise.

If anyone can help that would be great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

here is a video. click

Thanks.

Terry Posten

Is it only doing it while driving and not engine rev dependant?

If so, I would look at the drive shaft carrier bearings.

Can you get the car solidly on stands or a lift and get the wheels spinning? Once everything is moving, and the noise starts, you can walk around it and try and pinpoint the cause.

Please be careful with this method and have someone in the car you trust that can stop the wheels if something bad happens.

If you cannot replicate the noise in the air, it may be wheel bearing noise under the wiegth of the car.

coolclean577

I can try that. But it only does it then I driving when I push the clutch in it stop. Can't hear it . But when put it in gear starts to make the nosie. I can try to make a diff video tomorroww.

Terry Posten

OK, so even if the car is cruising along and the clutch is pressed in (disengaged) the noise goes away? Does it do it in neutral when the car rolling and the clutch released (flywheel to disc engaged)?

Then it must be the throwout bearing.

Diego

We had someone say throwout bearing before, so we ordered a clutch that should be here Friday....

Again we will get another video JSB style, for a more further investigation.

bazeng

Gearbox bolts tight?
Could the fork be rubbing the pressure plate?
Could the flywheel ring gear be rubbing the bellhousing?

Flywheel inspection plate?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned