The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pics of my Vr4 after 1 Year...

Hi Guys

Ive been reading for ages and learning more about these as I go... finally got my car roadworthy and thought id share with you. Plan was to keep costs very low but the laughs high. Car was very cheap and my mate at a good japanese garage has been toying with it for a while.

I picked up many bits on the cheap and so far it has:

Greddy emanage blue
Big 16g TD05 Turbo
Boost contoller
Evo 8 injectors
Custom turbo back exhaust

Ive got all the usual bits, leads, filters, fuel pump etc still to do before its re-tuned. Currently running at 1 bar (0.8 standard) and getting used to it before going higher.

Plan is to keep it looking as it is and work on the engine. I might lower it a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lots of trim needing tidied and a good clean out.

Can anyone estimate approx power at the moment based on the above so far? Any help appreciated.

Welcome. Thats a good looking gvr4. I'm liking the silver.
On the the power guestimate........I'm going to say 245hp at the motor. Strictly a guess

Anyone know what brake discs I should be looking for?

I assume they are 256mm as standard? Its a 1988 model

fuel

Quoting Axeboy:
Anyone know what brake discs I should be looking for?

I assume they are 256mm as standard? Its a 1988 model

Should be 265mm up front and 266mm at the rear. Same brakes as the non turbo model with 4 wheel discs really.

Little update guys... ive been learning a bit as I go but heres a quick pic of the engine bay as it is now. Ive got some whiteline anti roll bars and a full set of Evo 8 suspension to fit next, plus about 8 or 9 other things on the todo list.

sdc10480x.jpg

Heres whats been done since last time:

bongobits mechanical speedo converter
Evo 8 560cc Injectors
samco reducing bend on turbo
odyssey small battery 180x80x170h and alloy battery box
dejon intake with 1g K&N, 2g MAF, Iceman 2g Maf converter & Dejon K&N adapter
C&C 400mm 63mm pipe with flange and 8mm vacume nipple
samco radiator kit
made 63mm stainless and samco hoses for upper intercooler pipework
made 63mm stainless and samco hoses for throttle body intake pipework
cusco front strut brace
2g larger throttle body intake
Kenwood JDM Stereo using homebrew brackets
NGK Powerleads
Amsoil Filter and TSO 0w30 Oil added inc new sump plug & washer
turned off japanese wing lights
Fitted BPR7ES NGK Plugs x 4
central locking sorted
added tomei gearknob
added clubvr4 sticker to back window
fitted snapon seat covers
4 new Avon spec tyres fitted
Rspec manual boost controller fitted
TD05 Big 16g Turbo fitted
Evo 3 Manfold fitted
Emanage Blue fitted and tuned to 1 bar
Drivers side welding done
Wheels cleaned up
Custom full turbo back exhaust fitted (no cat)
Fog light moved to cluster

Managed to get a few more bits done in the past month with some help from my garage friends:

Evo 7 Shocks/Springs
new passenger door caps fitted
fitted early evo Momo steering wheel and boss (dremel'd column to fit)
new track rod ends
poly bushes and whiteline bars fitted
new discs and pads fitted
new gearbox oil

The car was retuned (emanage) but now needs a new clutch. Managed to get a exedy heavy duty for cheap so its now being fitted. Almost done! When it comes back it'll be onto the bodywork.

Also picked up new wheels from a new shape colt.. only 15's but i want to keep the car looking standard.

Last edited by a moderator:

The car looks good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

A little off topic, however, I have never noticed this but do all non US GVR4's not have a center section in the rear spoiler? Or just certain trims?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Third brake light is a US standard since about 1986.

fuel

I am unsure exactly what spoiler that is - it isn't the pre-facelift or facelift spoiler which came on all E39A VR-4s as it would have the center support with a brake lamp in it.

Lonewolf64

Where in Scotland are you? I'm in Edinburgh for several months and would love to see your car in person sometime!

Near Glasgow Lonewolf.

About an hour from Edinburgh but I do work in Edinburgh most days

KiNgMaRtY

A very good looking car. So jealous of the rear wiper. Just looks good even though it doesn't rain much here in Cali

Pic of the car with the wheels on... im happy with it like this, still looks standard to me

Diego

The more I look at your spoiler, the more I want to take off ny AMG and have you find me one of yours.

I assumed it was the standard one... no idea where it came from im afraid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

pezza

Well a few months ago, ownership of this beauty has been passed to me :) So am just continuing the cause. I have upgraded from emanage blue to emanage ultimate and jsut changed the rims...

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned