The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

on the dyno 2wd?

presterone

I have access to a portable dyno and I'm considering removing my driveshaft. The soul purpose is to tune my car but I'm wondering how much it will skew my numbers. I am still unsure on how the power distribution of this system works. Someone learn me.

James

There was a convo about this less than 2 months ago I believe

rdomeck

I'm sure someone will chime in here, but I believe you will burn up the viscous coupler in the transmission. Even if you plan to move just a small distance, the viscous coupler will try to put power to the wheels with the most grip. Pulling the drive shaft will cause bad things to happen!

donniekak

Quoting presterone:
No it is not
I used the search

Then you can't dyno 2wd. You either need a welded diff, or a VCU eliminator.

presterone

So the viscous coupling is what transfers power from the front to center diff? Thanks guys for the input.

turbohf

so i just did some research on this as im planning on dynoing my GVR4 once i get the new motor in. plus going to a dyno day.

they make a VCE eliminator. looks like it locks up the shafts once you remove the stock coupler. then you unbolt the T-case and set it aside while your on the dyno. once your done on the 2wd dyno, you bolt the T-case back up, and your ready to roll again. oh and remove the VCE eliminator. sounds like you can drive on it, but dont meant to be raced on?

kinda sounds like a process. i may just pass, and use a 4wd dyno at a different time. CRX needs dynoed anyway too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

turbohf

btw, the replacement of the coupler doesnt look that hard.

click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned