The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Update on the dyno.

Well, after doing some light maintenance on the fuel system, I took the vr4 back to the shop for updated dyno run. As you can see, my previous run was couple of weeks back and power curve was very jumpy.
With the keydiver chip and SAFC2 I was able to fine tune the A/F mixture to correct those big dips on the rpms.
Since my previous ride (Evo8) made about 265HP at 21psi of boost, and stock evo's on stock boost make about 225HP on the mustang dyno, I am pretty satisfied with my current result. (Good Daily Driver!)
This setup was ran on following setup, if you got any inputs please politely share them!
16G turbo
turbo back 3" Exhaust
3G MAF w/1G intake
JonVr4 Evo8 IC kit, EVO8 FMIC, 2G elbow
AEM fuel rail w/AFPR and new fuel line from pump.
MBC
Stage 3 Keydiver chip for 550cc
SAFC2

Bucket dyno sheet

Lonewolf64

If you read his post, you'd see he said he was on a mustang dyno. Mustang dyno reads significantly lower. 260 whp is pretty normal.

Brunoboy

Quoting Kenny_Kline:
Low dyno numbers for those mods. On an B16G, I would expect numbers 280-300hp

so With those mods, it should be est at 280-300 awhp? Cuz thats going to be close to the setup im going for, Maybe I missed something but how many psi was this at?
-Shane

CarRacer

Very close to my setup. It's good to see a ballpark estimate of where my car is at. I believe the only difference is that I have 750cc injectors, 2 1/2" exhaust and no SAFC.

Are you running a cat? What type of exhaust manifold and O2 combination?

Low Numbers - don't mean nothing to me. I had a evo8 which was dynoed on the same place. I made 225HP/tq on a stock evo with injen intake. That said, I believe Im pretty par to what evo's make with light mods.
I have high-flow cat with my turbo back exhaust. everything else is stock except what my mod list states above.
I pushed 17.9 psi and made 247HP/243tq. I am pretty much done with the GVR4. I am thinking about converting to e85 but also worry about idle issues and winter weather.
I am also looking into dsmlink. As you can see from the dyno graph, I want nice power curve at safe boost. I dont have any datalogger, so running at optimal A/F ratio is my only safey measure.
I belive more power equals bigger turbo, which I have no interest in. This is my daily driver all year round. But I do let the ricers know I am much faster than them. Most folks who ride in my GVR4 are pretty amazed on how quick this old ride can take off and go. It's nice having one of few thats out on the streets. not too slick and fancy but definately noticeable when steppin on the boost.

Dyno numbers are best when used in comparison to itself.
The power curve of the last dyno run is seriously fatter than the previous.

Congrats man.....

Curious - did you actually change the boost in between runs?
(that probably wouldn't have much effect on the 'fattness' of the power curve tho)

no the dyno graph is from my previous run at 16.1psi and new one at 17.9psi.
but the dips were still there even at higher boost. thats what we fixed during the tuning.
its about how it rides and how it feels, smooth pickup on every gear.
I am currently dealing with car dying when I let the clutch out during decel.(usually during the decel to stop)
it idles fine but quickly drop down below 500rpm. Sometimes comes back up or stay around 800rpm. and then the oil light comes on.
I am worried that this might be a bad sign. need to check the engine with a datalogger or something.
start with the OPS and see where that gets me.
my original oil leak at the oil pump gasket was replaced.

2of9

awesome numbers for a DD man. I am really close to your numbers.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts