The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

newbie questioin

Ok so I'll just get right to the question. my buddy damills is not at work today so i can not ask him, is it possible to convert a USDM 8th gen galant fully into a VR-4?

JSchleim18

I have heard that you *can* swap an Evo 4G63 into the 4 cylinder 8th gen Galants and use their or some sort of other AWD platform. It has been done somewhere.

Not worth buying the TT V6 from the Galant VR-4 to put it in the car. It won't hold power like the 4G63.

However, you can import all the body panels and what-not to make it a JDM-Spec Galant VR-4

sweet this is basiclly what im looking for. the AWD part is what im wondering about. like how hard, how much custom modification and what not. from a newbie's point of view it shouldn't be because the chasis is the same as the JDM VR-4 isnt it?

raptorWagon

Like this guy? 2.3 built Evo 4G63T

hin1.jpg

nightshift2.jpg

awdgalant5.jpg

you would probably want to talk to this guy, same car as above, about going AWD, though it's been sometime since the thread was last updated (October 09')
8g AWD swap

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned