The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant Hoods

Newbie question at large... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Are the hoods on vr4's different from all other galants of the same years. found a 91 N/A in a close by junk yard in great shape, the hood didn't look right at first take (but maybe i was seeing cross-eyed). The rest of the body was obviously different. got some missing interior from her (score). But want the hood if it matches. If not I am obviously looking for one. Read on forum that carbon fiber one's don't match up right (which is ok, not so into those). But I can't seem to find where to get one. Mistu site shows them available, but only under one catagory. 91-93. blah, blah, blah, another newbie post -- a little help forum friends

Tre3zy

it should be the same

Diego

Hood on mine is from a n/a galant that was red.... first owner had a run in with his garage and replaced with such... underside is red top is NB... so it goes with my car "theme" I'm working with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14u2nV

hoods, doors, trunks, glass,, everything is interchangeable from at least 90-93. Some missing holes for trim or other minor omissions/additions are the only differences. The big differences are in the engines/drivetrain for the most part.

Last edited:

kooter

you could always download the CAPS program
it is mitsu parts catalog.
then just just look up the parts usuing both vin's.
I have a 90 galant and just recently got #148 and most of the parts are the same.

that's wild the door and bumper looked very different to me. I guess the paint and the lacking of trim. I just spit snowy junk everywhere here. plaining on raping that car soon... thanks forum friends /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14u2nV

The front bumper will be different, an i/c may not fit under it. It didn't have to be as big from the factory, but it will still bolt up.

Quoting Diego:
What? Your going to rape something?

sorry if i offend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
i mean i'm going to remove as many parts as possible from the near by junk yard 91 galant 2wd.

alansupra94

YOU! BRING ME THE A/C SYSTEM AND THE COMPRESSOR! THEY WILL SUFFER FOR THIS OUTRAGE!

No seriously though can you pull the A/C system.

BrandonEchols

Quoting alansupra94:
YOU! BRING ME THE A/C SYSTEM AND THE COMPRESSOR! THEY WILL SUFFER FOR THIS OUTRAGE!

I'll be pulling my entire AC system here shortly Alan, if this one isn't complete or something broken...or it otherwise doesn't work out.

DR1665

Quoting alansupra94:

That, good sir, was the highlight of my afternoon. Cheerio. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

alansupra94

Quoting BrandonEchols:
Quoting alansupra94:

I'll be pulling my entire AC system here shortly Alan, if this one isn't complete or something broken...or it otherwise doesn't work out.

But but but...shipping is going to cost like over $9000 and take like 3 months to float down to NJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quoting DR1665:
Quoting alansupra94:

That, good sir, was the highlight of my afternoon. Cheerio. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Anytime. I just am trying my best to put my car back to 100% stock (feature wise). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned