The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New guy from Mass with a 4G63 Ram 50 and now a GVR4

4g63mightymax

My car has nice paint! Just buy this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif All the work is done! (as you have seen)

Also - do you need a sunroof roof skin or a solid one? I have a whole sunroof roof in my garage with the sunroof still in it. I would love it to be gone, and replaced with beer.

transparentdsm

if you weren't 3000 miles away i would take you up on that offer. i wouldn't mind either. sunroof or non, the roof skin was to thin and flat and it warped on me when i tried to patch the aftermarket fucked sunroof someone put in my car with no support braces, that recently collapsed on me on the highway at 80, thankfully it didn't shatter the glass.

Roger710

First let me start by saying you are an artist with what you have brought this cars level to. I have seen it in the for sale section but would have never imagined all the work that had been done. It looks great!! Perhaps when my settlement comes, if its still here I can talk to you more about this car.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting transparentdsm:
if you weren't 3000 miles away i would take you up on that offer. i wouldn't mind either. sunroof or non, the roof skin was to thin and flat and it warped on me when i tried to patch the aftermarket fucked sunroof someone put in my car with no support braces, that recently collapsed on me on the highway at 80, thankfully it didn't shatter the glass.

The roof section between the rails is really not that wide. Of course the freight distance is long, but maybe not prohibitive to ship?

4g63mightymax

Thanks guys. It really has been a lot of work, and it really is becoming quite nice. If I have some time this weekend, I'm going to clean it up and make it pretty. It's covered in greasy fingerprints and stuff right now, and could really use wax.

As for the roof - If you can figure out how to ship a roof without 40 hours of work on my end, I'd consider it to help you out. Maybe you can send me some nice rust free California metal in trade or something? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leon_R

Jeremy, you are a master at restoring cars but you SUCK at presenting them! Now, that it is mostly complete, MAKE IT COMPLETE (install all matching body panels, with dog legs). Then, do a photo-shoot with a good camera! This car will be irresistible!

Do I have to bring Mark over to your place and do it for you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CutlassJim

I hate to say it but I agree with Leon. Maybe we could schedule Brent to come up and do a photoshoot for you?

4g63mightymax

LOL. You guys are awesome. I will take your advice. Gimmy a few days and I'll see what I can do.

4g63mightymax

Boom - bumper is back on. Looks nice now.

IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3361.jpg

IMG_3362.jpg

turboflanagan

That looks nice man. Well done.

Seeing some of your body work pics reminds me of a video from, crap, I don't know how many years ago...
Some guy was restoring a Datsun 240z I think and had time lapse video of doing metal work. Cutting, welding, laying lead... it was quite fun to watch.

Your project looks great!

4g63mightymax

Fresh engine bay pic

IMG_3393.jpg

4g63mightymax

What's stopping you? Let's make a deal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also - thanks for all the kind words guys! I really appreciate it. It's always nice to see people appreciate your hard work!

MellowVR4

It is nice to see others reaction, I always get a kick when I pop my hood to some that has no clue what's going on in their and they ask... "Did you do all of this your self"? looks nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

4g63mightymax

I apologize in advance if this turns into a rant...but since we're vaguely on the topic...
My favorite was bringing my 4G63 turbo Dodge Ram 50 to local cruise nights and having to explain that it's a "show car". Even after showing them the turbo 4G63, the 14" viper brakes, the hydraulic clutch swap, the LSD, etc., the old-timers running the cruise night didn't understand it and occasionally denied me from even participating (yes, real life). Meanwhile, baby boomers in stock 1990's Corvettes are filling the parking lot (wtf yo?). I think that is why there are so many stories about how "kids these days aren't into cars like the older generations". In my opinion, this is totally, 100%, not the case. Many older generations assume that younger generations don't care about cars because "we" (I'm 33 btw) don't drive the same 1930-70's cars that they do. In reality, the price of those cars has become so over inflated that younger generations can't even consider buying a 70 Chevelle, 34 Ford, or any Mopar from 64-74. It's totally unattainable from a financial standpoint (Thanks Barret-Jackson). Thus - we take what is cool and attainable for us, and turn them into our show/race/dream cars. Unfortunately for gearheads on the whole, there is a massive disconnect between the generations that seems to be a tough hurdle to cross over. Thus, it is weird bringing a GVR4, EVO, or 4G63 Ram 50 to a local cruise night, and the DSM shootout/H20/Minitruckin events are entirely the younger generation that "aren't into cars". It's a strange world out there folks.
Sorry for the rant... Not even sure what my point was.

thomcasey

I get what you are saying. I turn 50 in two weeks. Grew up loving Muscle cars, the wife does too. But, since 2008, I have been building DSM's and 4g63t swaps in Colts. I am the old guy at local car meets with other non muscle-heads (it is great when girls like your car and flirt with you. The boyfriend gets upset at me thinking I am actually looking for a relationship with someone younger than 3 or 4 of my 5 sons (Definitely not). But I get strange treatment at the south side muscle car gatherings. It is a strange world indeed. Kinda the same treatment that guys that take old cars and LS swap them. they are seen as taking the easy way out by going for reliability over carbs.

transparentdsm

Quoting 4g63mightymax:
What's stopping you? Let's make a deal! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Also - thanks for all the kind words guys! I really appreciate it. It's always nice to see people appreciate your hard work!

financially i can't, with flying across country and driving back... id have to go to jersey for a few days as well to see family. ugh gross.

i am however trying to push it on my buddy who lives in Maine.

Last edited:

tektic

First Time I brought my car back the guy who built my head for me the exact quote was "you put that ridiculous motor in this thing?" He's working on a numbers matching 65 black on black manual camaro and a 2011 supercharged mustang.

Most anyone I show my car to asks why...

Roger710

My settlement is coming sometime this month. If this is available once everything is sorted out, you might be hearing from me. Ive been kind of stalking the for sale section and this keeps catching my eye. One of the cleanest and most well maintained vr4 I has seen to date.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned