The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

belt squeal HELP!

hey guys got a minor issue here, anytime i fire up my car on a cold start i get terrible belt squeal, then it drags on into all of first gear even in boost and into second gear then when it hits about 5psi in second it goes away. then when it warms up theres no more squealing. any idea on whats wrong or replacement?

thanks guys.

Probably just need to tighten your alternator belt. Maybe need a new belt if it is old and cracked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Maybe check ps belt while you are at it.

SouthCaliVR4

Fix this!!! Belt slippage will melt & separate the vulcanizing on the harmonic balancer. if the balancer fails it will go through the timing cover not come off the motor & simply pitch the belts. Alternator adjustment is easy loosen the twelve mil head bolt on top tighten the ten mil head tensioner bolt. be sure the lower bolt has not backed off or the alternator will not line up correctly. tighten both alt top & lower & your done. drop the sode cover & get a look at your balancer, paint a line across the inner & outer portions so you can see if the ring is slipping in the future, or if it looks like it has moved replace it asap. Any deviation here will affect your ability to properly time the motor as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned