The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My restoration and build of #1444/2000 - lots of pics and video!

MellowVR4

Another great video Tom. Thank you

Boostdtalon

Awesome video. It's funny that you mentioned the oil cooler bolt. That was the only problem I ever really had on my 92' Talon. I let someone else change my oil and it turned into a huge problem for me. Couldn't figure out what happened till I realized that the bolt was loose. They had over tightened the filter causing the bolt to back out from the housing.

IncorpoRatedX

Quoting the_underdog:
Hi All,

Here's the latest video update!

YouTube - 1991 Galant VR-4 Maintenance and Fixes - Part 2

This will set the stage for the upcoming "sleeper mods" series, which I am really looking forward to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Thanks for checking it out!

Everything was going fine until you said 'punch list' and somehow the corporate world had followed me home, worked its way into my hobby and was right in front of me on the screen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I hear that phrase on a conference call at least 2 times a week.

the_underdog

Quoting MellowVR4:
Another great video Tom. Thank you

Thank you and I'm glad you enjoyed it! I felt weird uploading it with the missing footage, and considered scrapping the whole thing- but hoped everyone would understand. Dang newfangled technology! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the_underdog

Quoting Boostdtalon:
Awesome video. It's funny that you mentioned the oil cooler bolt. That was the only problem I ever really had on my 92' Talon. I let someone else change my oil and it turned into a huge problem for me. Couldn't figure out what happened till I realized that the bolt was loose. They had over tightened the filter causing the bolt to back out from the housing.

Thank you! This has to be a very common issue as I've heard folks talk about it plenty over the years. The O-Ring behind the housing can be an issue too, luckily mine was OK, so I left it alone.

the_underdog

Quoting Alpha Male:
Everything was going fine until you said 'punch list' and somehow the corporate world had followed me home, worked its way into my hobby and was right in front of me on the screen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I hear that phrase on a conference call at least 2 times a week.

Haha, oh man I hear ya! Only two times a week?! Consider yourself lucky then man! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You gotta love corporate tech buzzwords like that: punch list, action items, drop dead date, achieve synergy, etc. But of all of them, my absolute least favorite is "ideation." I really loathe that one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Here's some more in case you ever need to really "wow" folks in your next meeting, ha! Corporate BullShizzle Generator

IncorpoRatedX

That hurt my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

the_underdog

Hello All,

Here's the latest video where we lay out our plans for the Galant and do a little baseline testing too. Thanks for checking it out as always fellas!

YouTube.com | Project Street Sleeper Intro & Baseline Test

project_street_sleeper_800w.jpg

GSTwithPSI

Great video, Tom! Looking forward to see what you do to the car. Really curious to see how you keep the car stock "sounding". Also wondering how you are going to keep the intercooler hidden enough to qualify as looking stock. I'm guessing exhaust cutout for sure!

the_underdog

Quoting GSTwithPSI:
Great video, Tom! Looking forward to see what you do to the car. Really curious to see how you keep the car stock "sounding". Also wondering how you are going to keep the intercooler hidden enough to qualify as looking stock. I'm guessing exhaust cutout for sure!

Thanks a ton and all I have to say is 'stay tuned' Haha! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

the_underdog

Quoting turbowop:
Another great video!

What game were you playing that had the actual detailed interior view of the GVR4?

Hi Mark and thank you for saying that! I was playing Forza 4 on the XBOX, and the Galant is available in one of the Top Gear downloadable car packs. I'm still amazed at the level of detail seen on so many of the cars in Forza inside and out.

turbowop

Damn. My most current race game is GT6 for my PS3. I have a sweet GVR4 that I made to look just like my car, but no interior detail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

the_underdog

Quoting turbowop:
Damn. My most current race game is GT6 for my PS3. I have a sweet GVR4 that I made to look just like my car, but no interior detail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I think the GT series is superior to Forza in most every way, but Forza is pretty darn good when it comes to car sounds/details. The close up shots of the VR4 (and every other car I've seen on there) are just impeccable. For shingles I played the original Gran Turismo the other day. That really puts things in perspective!

the_underdog

Quoting Boostdtalon:
Sweet! That is awesome. Yeah, I really hope that they bring the GVR4 back to Forza 5.

Thanks man! I hope so too. I also hope that they allow the use of different steering wheel/pedal combos someday. As it stands now my setup won't work with the new XBOX/Forza combo. Hopefully Fanatec is working on that, I'd love to try the new one out eventually.

EHmotorsports

What he said;) haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GVR47111K

Oh! Shout out for the Roadmaster and it's way back seat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned