The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Finally getting my Galant... build of 490/2000

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Best to try and forget that particular statistic.

G

Staff member
Hotness.

Romanova

galant.jpg

Jack stand balling now? Taking the rear apart in prep for 5 lug, 4bolt, AWS-delete... fun.
More to follow!

381gvr4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Romanova

Dropped the rear end today. Not as much fun as I thought it would be. This could well be due to the fact that I was slightly intoxicated. Got some Wild Turkey for X-mas... goes down quite smooth.

Anyways, here is the rear end with AWS components still in place. Going to strip them and trash them... I need the bare subframe to rebuild with poly bushings, 5 lug hubs, 4 bolt LSD, and a Whiteline 24mm rear sway bar. I have most of the parts... need new wheel bearings and new rear shocks for the H&R springs I have. There are several companies that make coilovers but most are junk. Tein quit awhile back and JIC Magic are out of my price range.

galant8.jpg

Here is the craptastic 3 bolt rear with AWS steering box on top. Got fluid everywhere... it's STILL leaking fluid out of all the lines. This will be going in the bayou.

galant9.jpg

Going to hit this with degreaser and elbow grease, then tape it up and spray it with undercoating so it should look like new. The calipers will be rebuilt/replaced. Might as well rebuild the driveshaft... not looking forward to that... Might have to holler at the boys at FIST if they are up to it. There is an aluminum DS... but that sh*t is like $800. Wife will say no.

galant10.jpg

Tools make the job so much easier. I've been collecting tools for years and prefer Snap On, but sometimes Harbor Freight does just as well. I broke that Crapsman 3/8 ratchet while popping the axle bolts... have to get a rebuild kit and then get another Snap On ratchet... that bendy-shafty Snap On ratchet is the first Snap On tool I ever got and it is my favorite. The Snap On dead blow hammer is really nice as are the pliers. The Harbor Freight sledge is good for breaking things.

galant11.jpg

Had to carry the damn subframe myself... sucks not having any friends. :stare:

Romanova

I VTAK on my mother fuckin lawn! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DSSA

Quoting Romanova:
6434d3a33daae368bef4119ef0e85faf.png

The last new subframe in the whole country. Thanks JNZ!

Thank you! Sorry about the hold-up on it.

The Mitsubishi delivery guys had us sweating when it disappeared and they said "No, we delivered that...".

Glad it all got worked out since we couldn't even replace it!

Josh

G

Staff member
Bastard. I was hoping no one new their was one left. I was going to buy it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Romanova

Build is still going, just slowly. I finally finished the bushing replacement for the rear. Mustache, upper and lower control arms, and trailing arms all have Whiteline/Noltec/Superpro bushings now. What a pain in the ass that was... I hope to never have to do a job that was that hard ever again... jeez.

Next up are the rear wheel bearings and new rear calipers so I can get the car back on the ground.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned