The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

My restoration and build of #1444/2000 - lots of pics and video!

the_underdog

Quoting GSX_TC:
God that bay is soo clean!

Thank you sir!

coyotes

Hey Tom! (I'm Thomas by the way, aren't we awesome?)

Just did my engine bay. Not as thorough as you but I plan on doing more passes to really make it immaculate. Check it out here! click

EHmotorsports

Quoting the_underdog:
Quoting TSimage:
Tom is too nice.. We need some aggression shown. Do a call out in one of your videos. :p

Haha! Well I used to love WWF wrestling when I was a kid- maybe I could do something along those lines? It may still be this way, but back then it was like 45 minutes of a wrestler calling someone out and maybe 15 minutes of wrestling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

piper194-e1313932878332.jpg

haha I apprenticed at a local shop that had two of Rowdy's trucks. One was getting the NEW (at the time) 502 chevy engine and the other a supercharged 460 in a bronco. was able to meet this one of a kind guy. nicest guy ever.

Last edited:

89Mirageman

^That is awesome. I remember watching wrestling back in the late 80's/early 90's when guys like him were popular. Can't stand to watch it now for some reason though.

EHmotorsports

100% agree I cannot stand watching anymore. however the GF loves the video games and is the only game she will play with me haha. damn button mashers!

coyotes

Quoting 89Mirageman:
^That is awesome. I remember watching wrestling back in the late 80's/early 90's when guys like him were popular. Can't stand to watch it now for some reason though.

It was way cooler back then. Wrestling just isn't the same without ridiculous 80s hair.

Tom, you should plastidip the top of your grill to match the top of your headlights.

cheekychimp

Quoting G:
They are great videos, they are just funny. Almost like the targeted youtube audience is novice car owners. Were talking basic detailing vids.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif Why on earth would you NOT think that G?

Not everyone on this board is a professional car detailer or works in the automotive trade. For once it's nice to be shown what needs to be done, how to do it and with stuff we can all source at the local Walmart or automotive store. Especially if it yields such good results.

It's a damn sight more useful than unhelpful, arrogant "Pro Tips" that are little more than personal opinion and contain bugger all else!

MellowVR4

This video was dejavu lol very nice.

EgonOlsen

Quoting cheekychimp:
Not everyone on this board is a professional car detailer or works in the automotive trade. For once it's nice to be shown what needs to be done, how to do it and with stuff we can all source at the local Walmart or automotive store. Especially if it yields such good results.

It's a damn sight more useful than unhelpful, arrogant "Pro Tips" that are little more than personal opinion and contain bugger all else!

This!

Nice job mate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bobdole

Great video Tom.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
I routinely check out the videos. Very polished.

Yep, and the knob/shifter coming off while using it, reminds me of driving Ford Rangers.

Fortunately, GVR4's have grip at the back end, without adding tons of ballast.

Great job Tom! ... oh and tell Gail that she's lucky she has a husband that can be found close to home, when he's "missing" for hours on end. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Boostdtalon

One of my friends just showed me your youtube channel a few weeks ago. I've been watching all of your videos and it's great to see the care your giving your car. I actually watched your new video this morning before coming into work. After seeing what you've done with your GN and your 1g. I'm excited to see where your GVR4 goes.

the_underdog

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen, I do appreciate it very much!

2000GTX

wait a minute...

are you the guy from youtube?

The one who goes to town on every last crevice of his car?

LIV4PSI

^^Is the rock you live under comfortable?

Last edited:

the_underdog

Quote:
wait a minute...

are you the guy from youtube?

The one who goes to town on every last crevice of his car?

Haha, yes that would be me! Unless your talking about another guy on YouTube. In that case, I'm some other guy. Similar, yes...but a different guy nonetheless.

Jon

Staff member
Have you changed any of the mechanical things like the turbo or exhaust manifold? What about the ECU? How are those caps?

the_underdog

Quote:
Have you changed any of the mechanical things like the turbo or exhaust manifold? What about the ECU? How are those caps?

Hi Jon,

I haven't changed those things - but stay tuned for future updates! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've inspected the ECU and it is in good shape - the case had a rebuild tag on it from the early 2000s, which lined up with the documentation that the original owner provided.

the_underdog

Quickie update - I had a chance to install bobdole's hood supports and they are so darn cool. Super easy to install, they look really clean and it's great to have the hood prop rod out of the way. I highly recommend these!

IMG_2122.jpg

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2132.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned