The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Matt's VR-4 Long Island NY 289/1000

race_me89

I guess i should start with I'm soo Siked my shell was just delivered last week

Ok its been in my garage i haven't got to really look at it until today

It is 1992 #289/1000

It came with all 4 axles, driveshaft and 4 bolt rear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
kyb all around with stock springs
17 inch rims
2 1/2 exhaust to a muffler with no name
Now my favorie part the interior is MINT!!

(when the car was on the trailer i opened the driver door and instantly got hit with the "New Car" smell i said i dont need to look at the car lets push it in)
so the only part of the interior that was in any way not 100% was the steering wheel
so i went to work and stumbled across this

the box was damaged so i got it for $43.00 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

i already had a block:
6 bolt
Weisco hd pistons
Manly Turbo Tuff Rods
Acl race Bearings
Arp head and main studs
fluidine engine dampener
balance shaft removed

1g head no port work
B.C. 280/280 cams
B.C. springs and retainers

Unfortunately i NEED everything else so i look at this as an adventure

9/03/11-Shep tranny and transfer case arrive /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
9/04/11- Installed the Grant wheel (of course the instructions were of no help lol)its really clean and kind of goes with the interior. The pic is crappy due to poor lighting in the garage

I also looked under the car in more detail the rear seems to be leaking and the rear rack is definitely there whether it works or not i don't know exactly how to test that, but the exhaust has a magna flow straight through muffler diameter looks like 2 1/2"

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
Welcome to the board, Matt! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I moved this thread here from the members showcase section, as we don't generally approve newbie submissions to that section. (might want to read the rules/stickies at the top of each section of the board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Looks like you have a really solid base to build from.

There is a lot of excellent technical information here on the board, and searching will bring a wealth of information on almost any subject.

If you have any questions that aren't answered with a thorough search, please post up and you'll see how helpfull the members can be here when you put some effort into typing legible and clearly understandable posts.

Again, welcome to the board, and post up more pics when you get a chance!

We love to see these cars fall into good hands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSX_TC

Dam those seats look great still

race_me89

Just bought a shep tranny its on its way from Massachusetts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Question has any one used the Powertrain Technology twin disc?

oh and sorry toybreaker i posted it then read the sticky for that section

race_me89

thanks i didn't think that i was going to pick up a car with interior anything like this
i want to give my car a name but i cant until i see how she rides

race_me89

Shep transmission and transfercase arrived today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

race_me89

Selden, I feel like everybodys so far from here lol

Last edited:

spooling92vr4

East Meadow here....most of us here are Nassau/NYC

Make a list of stuff you need, I have a bunch of stock stuff laying around

Last edited:

race_me89

Ok I hate to sound like an idiot but here it goes lol, im not yet really sure what I need.

AnotherNewb

And a high quality set of jackstands. Preferably a set built to last many many years sitting in one place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

GSX_TC

LMAO you guys are terrible

race_me89

Quoting AnotherNewb:
And a high quality set of jackstands. Preferably a set built to last many many years sitting in one place. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See now there is no need for that and when im done we can line it up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

codeofdastreets

Nice this is my old car, I sold it to my friend then he didnt want to deal with a project.. This car made alot of street passes nd track passes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.. Videos on youtube of me racing with this car.. Sure miss it and glad that its in the right hands, please keep me posted on the build.. Good luck

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned