The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Longtime DSM guy, first VR-4

Eaglesfly

I've been researching the forum for a few weeks now and felt I should introduce myself to those who don't know me. My name is Stacy and I'm a longtime DSM guy recently picking up my first VR-4, 754/1000. I've had great success at building a really fast, pristine and streetable 1g Talon and plan to apply the same devotion and experience to this VR-4.

I picked up 754/1000 as a shell with some big plans to come together rather quick, by the end of the year. She has near perfect interior with only a small 1" tear on the driver seat bolster. ABS and 4ws have already been removed with a 5 lug swap done as well. Unfortunately the previous owner botched the exterior by trying to flat black the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Currently I'm working on proper preparation for paint by sanding and removing all the cladding, lights, etc and fixing some rust in the front rocker panels and fenders. I'm planning to get it painted within the next 2 months and from there finish the engine/trans setup.

Okayplayer

Welcome to the board! I know you'll enjoy the car, if your a dsm'er. Just don't call it a dsm on here, some people are touchy with that sort of thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Sounds like you are going to have a good runner starting from scratch and all. Good luck...

GSX_TC

Welcome aboard, hopefully you don't sell it or part it out. My name is Mike. Post up some pics man.

Here is mine, in case u ever see it anywhere

2m81ok5.jpg

GSX_TC

Lol I'm only doing that because later on I'll do something else to it and then people will be like, thats your VR4? And I'm like yeah, did u not see every time I post pics if it. This just makes it easier.

Eaglesfly

Here's what it looked like when I brought it home,

IMG_20110716_114138.jpg

IMG_20110716_114124.jpg

And this is what I've accomplished in about 4 weeks on weekends only,

IMG_20110730_195440.jpg

IMG_20110730_195421.jpg

IMG_20110730_195406.jpg

GSX_TC

Nice Talon man, she's beautiful. Did the previous owner of that VR4 have RSX rims on it painted in black?

Eaglesfly

Quoting GSX_TC:
Nice Talon man, she's beautiful. Did the previous owner of that VR4 have RSX rims on it painted in black?

Yes he did, and from New York. As you can see in the first picture that's what was on it when I brought it home. They aren't wide enough for me at the power I will be making so I took the 17x8's that you see on it in the latter pictures.

GSX_TC

Yeah I believe those 1st generation RSX rims are 7" wide.

GSX_TC

Lol oh noz he called it a Dsm

BluFalcon

Welcome, gorgeous looking Talon. I'm sure you'll whip the GVR-4 into shape as well.

Last edited:

boostx

All i am going to say this VR-4 you all need to watch for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif. Welcome Stacy.

Gombos

WOW you weren't kidding about the paint. Your talon looks awesome though and I'm sure with a little time your galant will be looking just as good!

boostx

Pics does NOT do that car justice. It’s super super clean

Last edited:

Eaglesfly

I don't know what inclined Jason to flat black it. So much more work to fix it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif It will turn out beautiful though. I've already got a lip spoiler from Boostx for it as well.

boostx

You got he last lip.

stealthtt24

Welcome! Wait a minute I know you... haha congrats Stacey! Hopefully I can see it at a meet sometime soon.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned