The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Lets play: Name those Noltec bushings ROUND 2

JSchleim18

Bought these a while back on an impulse move to get all the bushings made for our cars.

Noltec N62168 Stub axle to chassis bushing

I actually just want to know where these would go /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

belize1334

Hm...they look like rear upper control arm but Noltec lists that part separately. Maybe they're for the trailing arm mounts?

Hertz

Staff member
Only place I can think of that the axle connects to chassis is via the shocks/struts.

JSchleim18

These were bigger than the Upper control arm bushings (KCA365 - whiteline) that I compared them too.

My guess has been for the rear trailing arm as well. Does the factory bushing have the collar like the ones pictured?

curtis

Jeremy same goes for you as the other thread, Get me some measurements and I'll compare to mine.

Here's the set I bought
Now for the newbee's reading this
I also have the engine mounts, big bushings for the rear subframe and mustache brace and two extra ones I'll cut down for the front bar the front engine mount bolts two. From Kenny's thread he discovered that an extra set of front subframe bushings work in those and you want have to cut them down like I'm doing. He said the energy suspension kit plus extra front subframe and the bushings John had cut that we sell are all the bushings on the car minus the carrier bearing mount. I'm thinking a set of mustang sway bar endlink bushings from auto zones polyurethane selection would do the trick but jury's still out deliberating this one. That could make your eyes wiggle at speed if the angles are just a tad off.

JSchleim18

Will do Curtis. I do happen to have SPF1439K Rear trailing arms bushings I can compare them to. If they don't match, then I'm officially stumped. I'm hoping they're for the rear shock mount but who knows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Romanova

I have those... the ones for the rear trailing arm have "2169" on top and a '2' on the bottom.... the upper rear control arms have "2169" and '1' on them and are noticeably smaller. The moustace brace bushings have "2170" on them.

Hope that helps. FYI, they are all a pain to install... LMK if you needs pics.

JSchleim18

If you could post pics that'd be great. I'm stuck here at work for the moment so I can't check out the numbers on the bushings themselves.

Thanks for all the help so far!

**Are you saying these are in fact the rear trailing arm bushings??**

Here's the SPF1439K Trailing arm Bushings for comparison sake

Last edited:

jepherz

Staff member
All of you guys with helpful information on bushings (especially pictures and part numbers) should contribute to the bushings thread in the how-to section for future reference.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts