The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Suggestions on where to buy Prothane bushings

thedsmguy

I'd like your suggestions on vendors who have a whole Prothane kit for our cars. I've been reading bits and pieces of bushing stuff lately and it seems like a great upgrade. Most vendors dont seem to have a good description or what I "think" I'm looking for.

I'm under the impression that awd dsm subframe bushings will work in of our spots, rear sub, mustache, front control arms, front sway bar, rear sway (planning on using a 4 bolt subframe from a dsm). Any other ideas? I'm thinking about skipping the motor ones for now as I'd rather have the car handle then shake. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jepherz

Staff member
You'll want to search the board before buying as these topics have been battled around a bit. I will tell you though, that energy suspension and prothane don't make any bushings for the rear subframe.

Also, check out the how-to section. There is a thread with pictures/part numbers and some links to vendors for the bushings we have cataloged.

4thStroke

Ive been doing a fair amount of research on this.

click

They also have the Whiteline caster and camber bushings.

The Prothanes definitely sound like the way to go, theyre stiffer, easier to install, cheaper, and have more bushings in their kit.

What bushings does the Prothane kit have that the ES kit doesn't? From the description it looks like the only extra thing is the tie rod boots.

I'm pretty sure they both have the same bushings in their kits. The only bushings on the car not covered by the kits are the rear subframe, mustache bar, and the two front subframe bushings in the radiator support. If only they would add those, now that would be a complete kit.

jepherz

Staff member
Well, it's been covered on here before, but neither company actually offers a kit. The "kits" are just all of the parts thrown together by the retailers.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts