The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Jackstand Balling Crew...

steve

At G house?

Rausch

"We has a traitor in our midst....." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

strokin4dr

I think that is Boostx's old car. Does look like G's garage though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

***Side note, I can't believe I actually know what # cars people have on here now. I spend too much time on this board. No wonder I can't get any projects finished. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif***

Terry Posten

I'm not snapping a pic but shes up in the air (again). Head is at Class One right now, intake is at Auto Rons getting new threads for the TB, gaskets ordered today from JNZ (they raised the 4 layer MLS to $110 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif) and I still have to get new TB shaft screws and red loctite/mushroom them in. I hope to have her back on all 4s in 2 weeks.

Just in time to put the skates under her and shove it into the back corner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

14bCrazy

Ive been in this club for something like 5 years now. I figured that I should quickly get this up here because on Thursday she should be on the road. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

strokin4dr

^Hell yeah!!! Looking good. I bet it will feel great to take her down from the stands. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

mine is the one on the left. been sitting for about 4 months and all i need to do is find time to put it together.
The one to the right just made (last night) 685hp on an "exacto dyno" which reads about 10-12% less than a dyno jet. There are no words to describe the feeling of driving it.

Rausch

I have determined that we need a theme song.

Speakig of which, what was ever determied about the
GVR4.org theme song...I know the theme from Sanford and Son was up there, but......

14u2nV

I win. :cool:

Yup, I can haz car on blocks plz. And yeah, the front is a lot lighter than the back, er was when I jacked it up (ask me how I know). It's better now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

14bCrazy

Quoting VRausch4:
Quoting GVR4_1057:
Not exactly jackstands but it has not had an engine since 2003. It is on the way back though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No dice, wheels are still on. One day man, one day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

As a member of the club. I vote yes. Ive seen him wash a car without and engine for years now. I vote honorable mention at least. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Wizardawd

100_0073.jpg

How's this?

Wiz

Rausch

That is excellent. Precisely what we're looking for! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quoting VRausch4:
I have determined that we need a theme song.

Speakig of which, what was ever determied about the
GVR4.org theme song...I know the theme from Sanford and Son was up there, but......

"Streetbeater" by Quincy Jones FTW!

atc250r

Staff member
Ramp and jackstand combo:

DSC02192.jpg

DSC02191.jpg

While I was trying to lower the front subframe to put a new rear brake line in I poked a rusty part of the frame rail on the passenger's side. By the time I was done I ended up with this:

DSC02185.jpg

and this:

DSC02187.jpg

and this:

DSC02190.jpg

Next stop is the JUNKYARD! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Stay tuned for a part out thread once I figure out if I'm getting a shell to swap my drivetrain into or not.

John

Last edited:

turbowop

Ouch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Just seeing the pics of the outside of your car I would never have guessed that was lurking underneath. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Yeah, I have some rust on the bottom of the doors but I'm guessing that a battery leaked long before I got it and planted the seeds of what you see now. The car spent its life in the snow belt until I bought it 5 years ago but that should not have happened.

John

charmcity

Yeah that sucks. You could do a front halved tube chassie cars for drag purposes only. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned