The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Jackstand Balling Crew...

dmj

I am waiting for axel and output shaft seals from JNZ it should be in my hands by Monday.No sense in installing a transmission that leaks.

You could always get everything installed and ready for seals.. That way its just an hour or so before you're making hot water again.

Ralli380Gvr4

Still $$BALLIN"$$ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

going on a year in NOV. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

turbophein

SSPX0121.jpg

for 3 weeks now...

Bought 1303 a couple weeks ago, Jack stand balled for about a week, started it last night, YAY!

IMG_2919.jpg

slugsgomoo

if the car moves under its own power after less than a year on stands, you're not really JSB'in, you're just doing maintenance, or fixing broken parts, or modding something.

JSB takes real commitment and chutzpah!

curtis

475 got the 13 inch rotors drilled one day last week and one installed so that's progress. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also got a ton of stuff listed on ebay so that gives work space and more money for progress.
Also bought a laminova oil cooler from a GT championship awd volvo s60r so she got a early Christmas present as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Gvr4-330

My car is sitting on two flats and has moved less than 100 miles in the last year. But no jackstands as I don't have a garage and my condo doesn't allow "repairs" in the parking lot.

Some day I'll join the JSB... Dare to dream!

Anyone in NoVA have a place for me to set up shop? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Rob

Last edited:

MMCVR4

Quoting bazeng:
I'd like to join you guys with my
AMG GALANT

I really like the AMG version. I gave up on it, since I cannot source out any bumpers. AMG + JSB = Priceless!

curtis

amg + laminova oil cooler + JSB= Priceless /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Just got the cooler today been watching for one for a few years now. Picked it up from a scca world championship tean that runs a s60R awd volvo. Thinking of running a stainless pipe into the drivers side frame rail then forward then out and down (insert laminova here) and run under the scirocco radiator and then turn a 90 facing rear and a 180 up to the outlet of the radiator. Then use a front cover that's modified like the salt flat guys with a FL1A ford filter mounted where the abs brick is. Should add about 2.5 to 3 quarts to the total oil....sh*t I have an accumulator too, there goes cheap oil changes 10 quarts of mobil 1 please. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

bazeng

I was looking at getting one of those Curtis, but I decided to go air to air since I didn't want to modify my radiator to suit the fittings etc.
I went for an EARLS air to air oil cooler.

I've heard very good things about those Laminova water /oil coolers.

Also, sorry to say guys that I'm out of the crew. Both the AMG and VR4 are back on its shoes.

Last edited:

moduleunknown

Well I guess I'm now officially part of the crew. I'll be staying a while.

(please excuse the poor quality low light iPhone pic) Just ran out to the garage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned