The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

is this a new part for our car? vortex gen

tektic

Has anyone purchased one of these?
$T2eC16h,!zEE9s3!Z))RBRyIiUmUQg~~60_2.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!qIFHG(NpVzNBRyIiY5F9Q~~60_3.JPG

It looks cool from far away but I don't like how wavy it looks on the long side in that one pic. Its on eBay

Last edited:

Spyke169

Couple of other, while not OE, harder to find parts

tektic

I don't understand your reply

Quote:
Couple of other, while not OE, harder to find parts

LIV4PSI

It's not new. I don't know if it's the exact same one, but the One Lap Vr4 uses a vortex generator

prove_it

The vortex generator off a EVO MR fits our roof line. Has been discussed.

GSX_TC

Lol your barely seeing this? They've had these out for years.

EHmotorsports

GSX TC has five on his car... also if you want a good deal on them. tell them Mike Valencia sent you;)

GSX_TC

I don't have those on my car, the f*** are you talking about? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif And that that "tell them mike sent you" stuff is only for JNZ tuning. Not dudes in malaysia selling stuff on eBay homie.

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif You've used that line for like eleventeen different vendors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

James

so wow! such nice!

JCorbo25

I've thought about it, but the stock GVR4 wing is too small to benefit from the vortex generators.

GSX_TC

Quoting turbowop:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif You've used that line for like eleventeen different vendors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Lol yeah right, I don't have that much of hook up at places.

EHmotorsports

Quoting GSX_TC:
I don't have those on my car, the f*** are you talking about? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif And that that "tell them mike sent you" stuff is only for JNZ tuning. Not dudes in malaysia selling stuff on eBay homie.

haha was just a joke dude. touche /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Barnes

Quoting JCorbo25:
I've thought about it, but the stock GVR4 wing is too small to benefit from the vortex generators.

By delaying the flow separation from the roof, you still reduce overall drag. Even though your wing does not gain the benefit like the configuration of the EVO MR. Granted, the drag reduction is *tiny*.

cheekychimp

Barnes when you say that the VR4 won't benefit from these as in the configuration of the MR, is that simply because we don't have a big enough rear wing? I've always found aerodynamics fascinating even though I don't really understand all the physics, just rudimentary understanding from my flying days which was a long time ago. I get that the VR4 is about as much of a brick as you can get but I never really saw the EVO as truly aerodynamic.

I guess what I am asking is if you configured the VR4 "correctly" would these still be of any benefit or is the EVO really 'that' much more aerodynamic that these are only really suited for use on a platform at least as good drag coefficient wise?

prove_it

Your not going to make much difference. Your not going to see any real benefits until around 100mph anyway. Going faster than that requires bigger power anyway, so in reality it's mostly form over function IMO. You won't see any difference on the track, well maybe .005 sec quicker. They do work, but it's not a huge gain.

Click me for real research on VG's

Quote:
Application of the VGs of the optimum shape determined through the abovementioned analyses to the Mitsubishi LANCER EVOLUTION showed a 0.006 reduction in both the drag coefficient and lift coefficient.

Tell you what, I'll keep my .006 drag and just add some boost instead.

turbowop

But it helps to make a Galant moar like an Evo, and that's what we're really after, amirite? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

prove_it

Hum, that is a good point. I already installed evo suspension, will be adding evo rims to the mix, someday evo 9 recaros, perhaps I should install on of these thingys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned