The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Pedal assembly is out...please help identify this part

ApexHunter

Hey everyone, i pulled out the pedal assembly today cause as you probably guessed mine had a bunch of slop and i was having disengagement issues. I'll attest to the common opinion that it is not the most enjoyable task.

Now that it is finally out, i was just about to start the overhaul process using parts indicated in this thread click but unfortunately the clutch lever that was indicated is not the same as the one used in my pedal assembly. As you can imagine i was not too thrilled with this discovery. Maybe this lever i purchased was for a 1g dsm and not a gvr4? Can anyone tell me the part # for the clutch lever i need? Also if anyone wants to mention any other differences from gvr4 to 1g dsm that'd be great, as i'm using this how-to click which was 1g based.

Here is a pic of the new clutch lever compared to the one that is currently used in my pedal assembly.

14u2nV

That's def a 1g according to this pic in the thread you mention:
attachment.php

fivestardsm

You could just send it back and do the weld repair fix. You will need the bushings, and I belive that either shep, or buscher sell the bronze bushings. Or you could just make them like my buddy Kevin and I did.

Just make sure it doesnt look like the one that we cut off. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ApexHunter

Thanks for the replies. I should have noticed that picture clearly displaying the lever however i hadn't gotten to that step yet so i didn't really look at the pic.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I ordered the new clutch lever today. When i get it i'll post the gvr4 specific part # in the thread click i got my parts list from, so hopefully someone else won't make the same mistake i did.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned