The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Evo 3 fmic fitment questions

bmxr152

Okay so i have been running the JDM rs fmic setup on my vr4 for a while now, and i think im at the limits of flow and cooling ability. I found a Evo 3 core for cheap, but not sure if it would be a close fit. It has the 2" endtanks like i want and looks to be somewhat similar except for the hot side tank will be lower, but im willing to fab up some tubing to fit. My question is has anyone run one before? Heres a pic of what it looks like (btw its not that exact one just a reference.
4-EVO123_kit15-756x588.jpg

bmxr152

100_1989.jpg

well i went ahead and got it and bolted it up, pretty much fits the stock bolt holes that i used for the RS fmic. It defiantly flows way better and felt alot cooler to the touch after the first cruise. Even the piping it came with was pretty close fit( at least the cold side piping). I paid $220 shipped for the fmic and piping kit. We will see if i log an better results.

acidrumz

Looks solid, pm me the link to where you bought your kit. I'm in the market for a replacement. Btw, which piping were included in the kit?

thanks.

bmxr152

Yeah the ebay link is the one i got. I did some logs before and after. The run before was at 17psi with the rs fmic which flowed 32lbs min and according to link it est 310whp. Then switched to the evo 3 and the 2.5 piping for the cold side and 2" for the hot with and nothing else was changed is set the mbc at 15psi. i logged 29lbs min and 315 whp. The injector duty went down 10% as well. So its making as much at 15psi as i did at 17psi before. The intercooler gets the air alot cooler also, just by the touch factor after 3 wot pulls its frosty on the cold side and hot on the hot side. If you want i can post the logs

mitsuturbo

That's one defiant intercooler you've got there.

What exactly is it defying, with its defiant flow?

bmxr152

Lol i defiantly wrote that wrong. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Sorry i was super tired after work and trying to get the fmic buttoned up before test and tune.

steve

^ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I see what you did there...... or maybe it wasn't on purpose... again... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Does it look like it would be possible to keep the foglight with a couple of bends on the intercooler outlet or is it too close?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned