The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is something missing or am I crazy (could be both).

maxash0775

Hey all. Since I have purchased my gvr4 there has been a gap around the ignition key cylinder. This gap allows my plastic around my steering column to shift every once in awhile. Nothing major, just more of an OCD issue since I am looking at it all the time. Also looks incomplete. Is this just how it is supposed to be? If so I think i will get a rubber grommet and cut it to fit and put around it so i am not annoyed by it any longer. Thanks

gramkrakr89

Hmm... I never thought about or noticed such a gap in mine. I think the plastic ring sits rather flush with the surrounding molding on mine (could be remembering wrong, idk) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GVR47111K

I'm prett sure I read somewhere that a piece of rubber is supposed to be in there.

maxash0775

Thank you. I saw 4 galants at the junkyard (non vr4) and all the plastic pieces covering steering column was off so I couldnt verify. Thanks. Now starts the hunt for that piece.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned