The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Idle adjustment/BISS screw...

So I went to adjust my idle today as it was a little rough once it warmed up. Was trying to increas it to 1k and no matter which way I turned it or how tights/lose. The idle stayed the same? This due to possible minor vac leaks? or possibly a sensor issue?

toybreaker

iconoclast
There's a really good vfaq on adjusting the biss.

Might want to spend some time over there reading/researching.

I learn something new everytime I read thru the write ups there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

Lots of great info on vfaq for sure. I fixed my idle problem months ago with the grounding method.

AnotherNewb

+1 on vfaq. Your not going to just increase your idle RPM like you would turning a screw on a carburator. If you want your idle increased you need to have your computer programed for a higher idle RPM; However, proper diagnosis and repair will solve your cold start issues. Thermostat, coolant temp sensor, ISC and vacuum leaks are all things that will affect cold starts and idle.

have you changed your plugs recently? I find that fixes a lot of idle issues.

Adorsey

Quoting Dbossman:
Lots of great info on vfaq for sure. I fixed my idle problem months ago with the grounding method.

I have a set of wires with aligator clips just for that.
So simple to do, if you dont have access to the ecu to just adjust it.

+1

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned