The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

inconsistant idle?

4doorboost

im gunna start over, so me idle changes pretty much every time i start the car. usually it will be high while its warming up then drop to right around 750. when im driving its at around 1100 when i push the clutch in then drops back to 750 when i stop. when it idles at 750 it seems a little rough and will go between 750-780 ish not surging but just trying to keep itself steady. this is my usual idle but sometimes when i come to a stop it will drop to about 950 which seems much smoother. at 950 i also get better vac because at 750 its around 12(i have hks 272 cams) other times the idle will not drop and will sit anywhere from 1100-1400 but it doesnt surge, it just sits there. i still have my isc and fiav with coolant hoses hooked up. i have replaced all the injector o rings, intake manifold gasket, and have cleaned and replaced the throttle body shaft seals. my tps sensor is reading fine. what could be causing this type or idle change almost everytime i drive my car. it can literaly change from light to light.. that is what confuses me. im going to block of the fiav and keep the isc, cause maybe the fiav is just tired. i have new plugs, wires and at wot my car runs fine. any help aprreciated, if you need more info let me know im trying to be as specific as possible. also the only time is surges if sometimes when i first start it up, and somtimes when im rolling and push the clutch in. never while im stationary and warmed up.

AnotherNewb

+1 on blocking the fiav off, especially if you soaked it in brakclen when you pulled your tb apart. Also.check your isc with a multi meter.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned