The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I was told my turbo is not spooling?

kooter

So as far as this boost/fuel guage goes I shouldn't even bother to use it or will it do for now?

KiNgMaRtY

As for the boost gauge it should do for now, as long as it has a vacuum source. If you get another one you will just unhook one for the other.

Last edited:

AnotherNewb

Stock 1g exhaust manifolds are prone to cracking. The 2g exhaust manifold was a better design and less prone to crack. If your a big spender, you can't beat a Forced Performance race manifold. FYI, every year FP has a sale and sells their manifolds for $175 vs. the $275 they sell for the rest of the year.

Plan your dive, and dive your plan. That means you need to decide what you want your car to do and how your going to do it. Just throwing parts at a car is a horrible build plan. it will lead to many many adds in the FS: section.

First things you should do is ALL the preventive maintenance that is suggested in the forums. No point in buying a billion dollar turbo just to have a hundred dollar timing belt break and trash a cylinder head.

Since you mention knowing nothing about turbo cars, I would suggest you start reading untill the sentences become jumbled words, then read some more. Forced induction is an awesome thing, as long as you know how to harness it safely. Since your just learning I would perform all the supporting mods you want first then move onto bigger and better turbos. That means exhaust, turbo inlet, intercooler, and fuel supporting mods. Some stuff will have to go on together, such as turbo and injectors. Other things you can do as you have time/money, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, intercooler, exhaust.

Reasearch your planned parts. Not to sound like a follow the crowd kinda guy, but stick to whats proven and be VERY weary about what you buy off of ebay. Some stuff is okay, most is not. and sometimes, nothing beats good old OEM. Those engineers put a lot of time and money into developing a reliable car/parts.

Thats the end of my rant. Build on

kooter

good advice man I been kinda doing just that, I have read almost ever post on this site and then went back and starting to do it all over again.
as far as building the car goes, I am not trying to increase anything right now. just trying to get the car back to perfect as far as running and driving. I spend most of my free time on here or google just trying to get myself edumacated on what I have gotten myself into.
The reason I asked about the manifold is because I had heard/seen that they tend to crack so I can either get a stock one for mitsu for around 250 $ or I can find something else. Any parts that I can still get from mitsu I get. before trying to go aftermarket.

I work in partes department for hyundai. luckily my brother knows a guy that works in parts for mitsu so he helps me a little bit with the price.
I just ordered an entire engine gasket kit. I have been tempted to just have the entire engine pulled out and send it to the machine shop we use for head work. also the same place that our bmw store uses. they do very good work. but that would be not to say out of my budget. but would probably wreck my bank account for a couple months.

but as so many other things right now that is just a idea. for now

coming soon will be .
gr2 struts and shock(can't seem to find a replacement stock spring) also upper mounts
aws power steering rack in the front. it was leaky (with new tie rod ends) unfortunately had to go aftermarket.
new tires stock size bridgestone
clutch slave that was leaky
both center bearing for drive shaft. was told one was bad.
also have v/c gasket spark plug grommets and half moon(the evo half moon)
ebay a/c compressor mine was ungodly loud

all of the above I have already gotten will be on hopefully within a week.
next week the boost leak tester arrives I hope. and boost guage. just have to decide where to put the guage. I don't like the pillar pods, and have a navi radio so can't do the under the radio. am thinking either the cluster bezel or steering column.

ok well enough from me for now

again I thank everyone for there advice and ideas and input.

AnotherNewb

If your looking for an alternative to a pillar pod, the carbon fiber speaker gauge pods look pretty good. Go to tunersnation.com, garfield wright runs it, and check them out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned