The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I am looking for something like this, or will this work . ? pulleys

1990ggsxnj

You may want to post in the WTB section.
I don't believe there is any difference in the Accessory belt Pulleys from 1g - 2g but I would just stick with purchasing 1g items since they are just as much a "Dime-a-Dozen" as the 2g's.

Not commenting on using that type of Crank Pulley (anti-absorption) since you're just asking if they will work.
If you were asking if they will continue to work, I would say stick with a stock Crank Pulley or Fluidamper Crank Pulley.

kooter

OK
basically what I am looking for is a way to have all the pulleys in a red color.
not so much interested in the light weight or overdrive or blah blah blah.
is there a way to make the stock pulleys red.

1990ggsxnj

High Temp paint in an engine bay can make anything Red. Sorry confused on what you're asking. Are you asking what specific paint would match that color??????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

JSchleim18

Quoting kooter:
OK
basically what I am looking for is a way to have all the pulleys in a red color.
not so much interested in the light weight or overdrive or blah blah blah.
is there a way to make the stock pulleys red.

Powder-coating is probably your best bet for longevity and finish.

That's a bit useless right. Really the only pulley you will see from the top is the power steering pulley.

Unless your gonna put your motor in a display case.

Last edited by a moderator:

kooter

well mostly the question would have been is there a kit with all the pulleys in red I could find or use what ever.
but if I can just powder coat them that will work fine.

I would like to say I love the quickness of responces and all the people here are helpful. it is great not having a clue yet having a place to get advice and info.

JSchleim18

The problem is that any of the red pulleys you buy are going to be underdrive pulleys. Whether they are Unorthodox Racing or the OBX brand you listed. This may free up some horsepower (marginal) but it makes the alternator work harder than it needs to be. With that being said, these alternators are already prone to blowing easily. So you're just increasing the chances of failure. IMO, just better off powder-coating the factory ones for the bling factor and to save yourself a few dollars/headaches down the road.

Last edited:

alansupra94

Isn't the factory crank dampened? I would never use an un-dampened pully as they can really mess up your engine. I am almost 100% the factory one is dampened because I have seen people using the ATI dampened crank pulley like the supra people do.

Alternators are prone to breaking mainly do to the excessive heat that comes off the turbo/exhaust. I plan on building a nice heat shield and possibly a protective layer.

alansupra94

^^^^^^^^^^^^ I want to reinstall my A/C system so thats a no go as of now.

Answer, yes to the crank pulley. I have split a harmonic balancer on a 4g63 NA eclipse, it sucked. So I wouldn't expose the harmonic balancer to the powder coating heat/baking.

Our alternators suck, don't ask me how I know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

boostedinaz

Quoting alansupra94:
Isn't the factory crank dampened? I would never use an un-dampened pully as they can really mess up your engine. I am almost 100% the factory one is dampened because I have seen people using the ATI dampened crank pulley like the supra people do.

The crank itself is not dampened but the stock pulley is a dampner. It has been debated whether running a non dampened pulley is good or bad but I am with you and wouldn't do it.

1990ggsxnj

Quoting 1990ggsxnj:
Not commenting on using that type of Crank Pulley (anti-absorption) since you're just asking if they will work.
If you were asking if they will continue to work, I would say stick with a stock Crank Pulley or Fluidamper Crank Pulley.

=
Quoting alansupra94:

So that's 3 against it. Personally the chance does outweighs the potential benefit.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned