The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How to get +100HP? Advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

I need advice ,I have a VR4 Galant with exhaust, otherwise stock, whats the best way to get +100 HP ?

SmoothCustomer

^Noob FTW. If I were you I wouldn't just try to slap 100hp on out of nowhere. The exhaust is a good start. You need a manual boost controller. Probably a nice 2g intake or the equivalent, a good set of 650cc or so injectors, a keydiver chip and I would see how you like it. Once you have maxed that all out look into an evo3 16g and a front mount intercooler if it's too slow for you. Take your time man, you're going to need to save some of that mod money to make sure your engine turns over every time you try to start it.

Last edited:

Diego

Hmm well I don't know how much this will give you, but it will get you what you need for now.
1. E316g, or a 18g,20g.... whatever you really feel fits you.
2. Take the honeycombs out of your stock maf (hell you really should upgrade)
3. Injectors..... maybe hmmm Evo 560s or RC 550s
4. Fuel pump (walbro 190,255) even a re-wire kit is a good thing here too.
Now that you have this extra heat, you need what..... yes
5. Intercooler..... yes bigger is better for some but make it just big enough to handle your power needs.
6. MBC
7. Guages to monitor
8. Keydiver or dsmlink

Once the basics are done,

Brakes,Suspension,Bigger exhaust, External wastgate, BB Turbo, 2g pistons on 1g rods (very common)

And if your not happy with that then if your wallet is big enough just buy a damn rocket and put a chair on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope this helps.

Diego

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting akuma10408:
20 decals @ 5hp apiece

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowroflr.gif Best n00b response on the board evar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

What is your budget? You are asking for a 50% increase in power. You are going to need more fuel first, which means an injector and fuelpump upgrade. The stock MAS will overrun at only 17-18psi, so you really need to step up to a 2G or 3G MAS. You will need a chip to extend the maps beyond the factory 15psi, compensate for the larger injectors, and get rid of the fuelcut and other limiters.
How well as the car been maintained? You don't want to put the cart before the horse, do all the preventative maintenance first. Have you checked the ECU to make sure the caps have been replaced? Does the car still have the good EPROM ECU?

Diego

Why is this edumacate me on this, on all my other 1gs I took it out, 1309 has a dejon with a hks on the can.... came that way with the car

CarRacer

VR4s only had one of the honeycombs in the maf. The dsm one has two and the one that gets removed in the "free mod" is already gone on our mafs.

Hertz

Staff member
Without said honeycomb to generate vortices or straighten out the airflow or whatever it does the MAS can't read it for sh*t and your tune will suffer.

Diego

Guess I never noticed tht ours came pre removed.... well that being said yes do not remove the only one we have in there....

Get a 2g or evo maf....

curtis

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting akuma10408:
20 decals @ 5hp apiece

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowroflr.gif Best n00b response on the board evar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned