The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

How rare is a galant vr-4

NDVR4

So from what I have read about 5,009 or so were in production around 3,000 imported into the states. How many are left on the road now? I know some have fell in love with a tree, or went to china in a nice crushed form to ship. So obviously not 3,000 still on the road, can Hertz or the other guy who does the registry confirm how many are left?

turbowop

There were waaaaaaaay more than 5000 worldwide, dude. They were only really exported from Japan in limited numbers to the USA. That said, there still aren't many left, especially here.

BENE38A

5000 cars had to be produced and sold to meet group A rally regulations, 3000 odd went to America who knows how many produced all up.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting coyotes:
people estimate couple hundred left.

I have not played with the registry lately, because I have been to busy to worry about it. Hope to get back to updating it later this summer. I would have to look for my file and the latest number, but I think I had over 800, maybe close to 1000 of the US versions cataloged by VIN and/or badge.

I know more new ones have surfaced on here in the last year or so I have been neglecting it. Look for a renewed effort later this year when I am all moved (job change and move in process).

tombaman

If personally hope more new ones have been found then known ones lost.

fuel

Quoting BENE38A:
5000 cars had to be produced and sold to meet group A rally regulations, 3000 odd went to America who knows how many produced all up.

5000 Evolution models had to be produced to meet the regulations which was the last 2 years of production of the 5M/T models. There were still all the earlier 87-90.07 models and the non-Evolution 4A/T models made too.

DR1665

When I interviewed Hertz a couple years ago, he said the best-educated guesstimate was that there were somewhere around 1500 left in North America. 4-door DSM mentality kills more than anything else, imo.

Turbo99

That mentality, and the mentality that if it's a little rusty it should go to the crusher has killed a lot off that could have easily been saved by someone willing to invest a little time and money into them.

LIV4PSI

Quoting coyotes:
people estimate couple hundred left.

Noob answer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Someone checked a little over a year ago, there were approx 930 that had legal tags and registrations. Who knows how many more are JSB

LIV4PSI

A couple=2.

3 at most if you are kinky like Alpha Male

Last edited:

Brunoboy

My old 352/1000 was totaled by the new owner I sold it too and 556/1000 was just brought back to life by Nico aka Dsm10o0 on here

NDVR4

That older thread was a good read. I should of stated in the U.S. as that is what im curious about.

EfiniX

I know you got goofed a bit for your suggestion to put that photo on the front page. Well, don't let the community snark get you down. This is a great group of guys (and a few gals... right???) The right answer to your question is this:

No matter how common or how rare, there's only one GVR4 that is yours. The VR4 is like a crazy girlfriend. Moody, bitchy, and absolutely not worth the trouble... Until you are inside it and driving the hell out of it. Then it's worth whatever it takes.

So be realistic about your expectations and goals for the car, give to the community as much as you get, and most of all, have as much fun with your crazy bitch of a car as you can.

Welcome to the party!

Kibby

^^^ shooting for a sexual undertone there or did it slip past you? Lol though replace driving with riding

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned