The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1991 Galant vr-4 in junkyard!!!!!

HEADS UP!! SAVE A GALANT VR4!!! theres a white 1991 galant vr4 in Ecology in Oceanside,CA off the 76 freeway
200k miles on odometer its a pretty clean shell the motor is in the trunk with axles tranny transfer case ect..
i would buy it but have to many projects so those that are in socal should look into getting it
you have to talk to craig he wanted $800 i offerd $500 he said ok just have to write the vin# down then take it to the girls at window they call dmv and get the papers for you
i didnt see any rust the interior is good no rips i wish i could get this too many freakin cars
yeah i know im crazy but these are rare and most of them on east coast are starting to get rust or what not

Last edited by a moderator:

bustedsm

Buy it anyway so it doesn't go any further downhill than it already is....seriously.

ApexHunter

Damn. Do want. 1951 has a couple rust holes that i was planning on cutting out and patching, but this seems like an better alternative. However the timing is just not that good for this one, and i'm running into some problems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

1) No time. This is the biggest hurdle. I don't see myself working less than 6 days a week for the next couple years. As it is, i'll probably be working 7 days a week through '10. I have 2 projects going already, and parts are piling up faster than i can install them or find space to keep them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I can't really see myself getting rid of 1951 either, if anything i'd still fix it, cage and reinforce the sh*t out of it, and promote it to rally warrior status.

2) No space. I need some cheap (read: free) storage for a few years "until i can get to this". The neighbors won't be wild about it, and ideally i'd like a safe place where i don't need to insure it. See problem 3.

3) Can i afford it? Yes, but not really. It's pretty much a bad idea to get it because that money needs to go other places and i don't want to tap into savings. Although, it seems like in the long run i would spend less doing this than trying to repair 1951's chassis, plus i could probably make my money back if i sell the extra sh*t i don't need between the 2 cars. However, lets be honest, i'm sure i will have a hard time selling anything at all and just end up hoarding more sh*t. Plus, it's another car on the insurance plan. I know it's an old car and probably dirt cheap to insure, but it still pushes me closer to the financial limit than i want to be.

FAAAAAAAAAK!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Last edited:

DR1665

Quoting 91VR41400:
Someone should definitly save this, $500 is a steal.

Yeah. Especially since the bastards at Ecology here in Phoenix quoted us over $4000 for the Kensington 92 that was complete save the head and badge a couple months back. Heard it's since been gutted (bet it was someone on here and we can't fault you, but get that white one off the jackstands already, it's been almost a decade).

ApexHunter

Well i decided that i'd go for it but the landlord is not down for me to store it out in front of the house, which is the only place i've got for it at this point. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif So i guess i am out of the running.

COBHC

If it ends up being parted someone grab the driver's front control arm for me, please. I'd pay you.

donniekak

Quoting DR1665:
Quoting 91VR41400:
Someone should definitly save this, $500 is a steal.

Yeah. Especially since the bastards at Ecology here in Phoenix quoted us over $4000 for the Kensington 92 that was complete save the head and badge a couple months back. Heard it's since been gutted (bet it was someone on here and we can't fault you, but get that white one off the jackstands already, it's been almost a decade).

I was there the day they put it out. I was told they don't sell complete cars at ecology by a worker. I grabbed a few things, and posted on the board that it was there. After it sat there for a month and was ready to be crushed i took the transmission, rebuilt it, had the gears shot peened, and it sits in my garage. The vcu was exploded. It apeared the car was towed on the back wheels for some time. The center diff cap shim was melted to the cap. It was 991/1000 i have the dash plaque.

ApexHunter

I went down and checked it out today. Unfortunately the rocker panels look like they got a little tweaked by the forklift blades when they were moving it around, and the "jackstands" (1 steelie sitting horizontal, with one steelie welded on top sitting vertical.) were not exactly placed with care which has only aggravated the problem. Other than that though, very clean, rust free chassis. I wish i had a place to put it.

EDIT: Non sunroof car.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned