The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR4 coming together

Mr_Fielgood

After months of waiting, stressing & saving money for my Galant soon it will be on the road.
I had a really bad coolant leak (if you guys don't remember my posts) and found out that the cylinder head is cracked (cannot be repaired)
Found a complete 6 bolt head. Had it disassembled, hot tanked, checked for cracks, all valve's and valve seats were cleaned, checked and reground & new valve seals installed.
Original cams, lifters & rockers. All parts were professionally cleaned. Lifters were cleaned and checked to Mitsu specs for quiet operation (probably going to swap with the Topline revised lifters that I
already have). Came with all the gaskets and seals that I needed.
Also bought an OEM water pump and Gates timing belt and balancer belts.
Cant wait to drive my car again. Pray for me guys that everything works out right.

OEM water pump

Gates timing and balancer belts

Rebuilt 6 bolt cylinder head with gasket set

All together!

Last edited by a moderator:

coyotes

very nice, you know you can hit up this forum or the VR4 groups on facebook for advice if you need it while you are putting everything back together. Get some copper spray to use on the metal and water pump gaskets when everything goes back together.

Mr_Fielgood

I would love to do this job myself so I could really learn about my car but unfortunately I don't have the time or the space to do this myself. So I had to take the Galant to a shop. Labor costs so much. But the good thing is that the owner of the shop has DSM and GVR4 experience.
So everything will be done the right way.

prove_it

Supposed to help seal the metal gaskets to the surface. Fills in the small imperfections. I've done it both ways, tell you the truth it works but is not necessary.

Chad989of2000

Let me know if you want a hand with some wrenching, I live in San Jose also. At a minimum we should meet up when our cars are up and running again. I'm doing some engine work currently and plan to follow that up with a 4 bolt swap. The projects, they never end.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned