The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

GVR-4 goes down to a TT CTSV (videos)

blackvr4

I ran this guy a few months ago when he had a tune, pully and some other stuff and I beat him twice. Well this weekend he finally got his car back, took him E85 and twin 6262s to get around the 4door. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Time to run him in the faster car

Enjoy

Starting Line
click

Go pro from CTS-V
click

MellowVR4

Last time ya'll raced must of ruined his day lol had to upgrade!

prove_it

Did you ask him how much it cost to beat you, and was it worth it?

By the way, looked like he had a better launch, you did pretty damn good.

4Grim

Like you said...it took him to slap on 2 6262's to beat you.

Good race though man. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

blackvr4

Quoting prove_it:
Did you ask him how much it cost to beat you, and was it worth it?

By the way, looked like he had a better launch, you did pretty damn good.

Yea I'm sure it was pretty expensive, launching the galant is tricky because I have to come out easy or else blows the tires away /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif this run was on a bolt on 54mm hx35 and 35-36psi, stock motor. Car runs decent for what it is.

ghostinthevr4

If you had a bigger turbo you would probably beat him or get pretty close hopefully the first one right? The HX-35 is not known for it's great top end.

blackvr4

Trust me i know, i also own a 70a/r 56mm hx40 talon that i race goal was to keep the galant around an 11.50car since there is alot more local cars that sit similar to that so much more cars to get races with.

Here is a video of my talon from new years.

click

Jesus_Negros

The sound of that V, Jeezus.

blackvr4

That is the plan. Trying to work out a breaking up issue the car started having (talon). My IDCs are at mid 95-100% on e85 with BLUEMAX 1550s and 1650s. Not sure if the fact thats i have 2 different walbros in the tank has anything to do with it. They are GSS341 and GSS315.

GSX_TC

I've been keeping up with the subscription to TalonTSI97 and man that CTSV came back strong! I can't believe he even beat the SHU with a two car head start and the jump.

blackvr4

Quoting GSX_TC:
I've been keeping up with the subscription to TalonTSI97 and man that CTSV came back strong! I can't believe he even beat the SHU with a two car head start and the jump.

haha yes! car definitely came out strong, whats really helping him is the stock converter, its forcing the car to come out soft and saves the tires. Car works really good on the street.

I beat the shu before from a dig in the galant, his car has a very difficult time working on the street from a stop. Really cool car tho!

Galant Vs Shu
click

Last edited:

GSX_TC

The SHU needs more powa! Haha I really like that car.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned