The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

23rd Annual DSM/EVO/GTR Shootout August 7-9th 2015 Norwalk,Ohio

92_talon_awd

That's awesome man, congratulations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
excellent! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

galant344

VR4Play the car ran awesome. I really enjoyed seeing your car rip down the track all weekend... the car looked so good.

holeshotmoe

Here are a few I took Sunday. Will try to post some from Friday in Wakeman tomorrow.
Got there a little late and the pit side was full /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
So they sent me to the lot on the other side where this was sitting:

Mike's car ready to roll...

more asst...

holeshotmoe

Historical piece

They had a sharpie so people could add graffiti

Last edited:

holeshotmoe

Of course there were GTRs

Don't know why I took a picture of this one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

holeshotmoe

And a couple more...

Don't know why I took this one either...maybe it was the duct tape work???

Leon_R

Quoting vr4play:
Great to see some of you there. Great to see so many Galants racing this year. I finally placed 1st on max effort even with an almost broken car. Burned up the spark plugs on my second drag pass after turning up the boost. Went 11.9 coasting through. New set of plugs and she's up and running strong again. Still disappointing to only run an 11.5@122 this year, went 11.40 last year. Tried drag slicks but kept bogging out of the hole. See you guys next year.

Congrats! I ended up in 4th place in my Summit van. I was afraid you were going to flip your car on your first autox pass! How did that feel to you?

vr4play

Quoting Leon_R:
Quoting vr4play:
Great to see some of you there. Great to see so many Galants racing this year. I finally placed 1st on max effort even with an almost broken car. Burned up the spark plugs on my second drag pass after turning up the boost. Went 11.9 coasting through. New set of plugs and she's up and running strong again. Still disappointing to only run an 11.5@122 this year, went 11.40 last year. Tried drag slicks but kept bogging out of the hole. See you guys next year.

Congrats! I ended up in 4th place in my Summit van. I was afraid you were going to flip your car on your first autox pass! How did that feel to you?

It was a wild ride. It was much slipperier then I anticipated. I've got the car set up fairly loose to get it to rotate where I auto-x locally. Once the tires got warmed up and the track got some rubber down it wasn't bad. I love the van by the way. I've always thought of building one myself.

Last edited:

Gombos

The shootout was a blast this year, I was excited to finally get to race!

It's always too short of a weekend. I'm ready for next year.

holeshotmoe

Mike, didn't get to catch back up with you after that run I was trying to film. Did you make another pass? How did you do?

Gombos

I made 2 more passes but bogged both launches. The car just fell in its face. After the last run I found that I blew the vac line off the back of the boost gauge (the one line I missed in my rush to get the car finished). I was going to try to make a time trial run but I wasn't able to stay long enough since I had to work Monday. No worries, though, I plan on getting her back to the track soon to see if I can better my time.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts