The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

guessing it depends on the accessories

Kibby

If anyone knows offhand first of all in the pic. This comes off the alternator branch. My old harness was missing this. Idk if it goes to something or not. Second should there be any connectors not connecting to anything chasis wise? So far I have one by the passenger light and a round triangle shapped one by the abs stuff just hanging. Only asking because my original harness was hacked up and had wires with no connectors. So kinda in the dark here.

turbowop

Kinda hard to tell, but that looks like the oil pressure dummy light wire to me. And the round connector on the exhaust manifold connects to a bullet connector on the power steering pump.

Kibby

Ive got everything on the alt/ps connected. Wasnt sure what this was for. Kinda nervous cuz I had serious voltage issues that fried my old harness. Just need to get a few fuses for the box to the battery then crank it over n see if the voltage is good. If its all fine ill just keep an eye on things as I progress.

Kibby

"All" hooked up. Youll see. 14.3-14.4 voltage coolant temps 196-200. Intake is direct to throttle body so I assume the slight idle hunti g may take that blame. Over 10 minutes running and its smooth.

Lancer99

If I remember correctly, that plug might go to the oil filter housing. I remember mine hanging off, then I swap engines and the oil filter housing had a small dome looking thing on it but in the middle of it had a male plug tail. When I was hooking up everything I just plug it in there and it seems the right length and I never had a problem or check engine lights.

Kibby

Theres nowhere to plug it on the oil housing. But the car is running fine without it so far.

transparentdsm

that wire is for the oil pressure sensor, its connected to the low oil light in the dash. it does go to the oil filter housing and Kibby you probably don't have yours because whoever put the motor together decided they didn't need it or just didn't know what it was.

tektic

It may run fine but the oil light will never come on. If you run low on oil it wont run fine for long. Buy an Oil Pressure Switch.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned