The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Groove in the Timing Belt?

matt92vr4

I have the same groove on my belt. I have this weird fetish with carnage so I'm still driving it. I've put 3000 miles on it since I bought it and the original owner put 36000 miles on it since the belt was done incorrectly. Of course I don't recommend doing this and the belt could easily fail at any time. Again I'm kinda sick and like carnage. It's how I get motivated to make things faster. Just thought this info would be interesting to those who keep track of these types of things. 39000 miles on a compromised belt.

Don't sweat the timing belt job. It's easy. Just take your time and be thankful there are only 2 cam gears /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif . Once you are done you will look back and smile. Definitely not worth selling the car over. Besides if it is, a DSM is not the right car for you!

Galactica

Yeah I'm starting to look forward to getting this done. I go out and start the car every couple days for a few minutes and I have very little fear the the timing belt will go at that exact moment. I am not, however, into carnage so the car remains in my garage on ramps. I'll probably start tearing into it this week since it will be cooler and get it as prepared as I can for when I actually have a whole day to devote to the job. Hopefully it won't take any longer than that to do. Then I can move on to the next thing. And the next one after that. And so on... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned