The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

got the ecu out How does it look?

kooter

this part looks pretty bad ? this is the first time I have ever looked at an ecu.

Last edited:

tsijohn333

Your ecu looks like it could use some fresh caps and a good cleaning. Are you having any problems with your car? Bad idle? hesitation...etc?

kooter

The engine has been out of the car for some time now.
when I first got it, well the one month it was being driven. The only issue I had was occasionally when you went wot around 4 to 4500 rpms it would sorta stutter.
Other then that everything was aces.

mitsuturbo

The part you say looks pretty bad is nothing.

The capacitors look fabulous, from what i can tell, as does the entire ECU, actually.

Based on how close the caps look to the board, and the colors on them, as well as orientation, i wouldn't hesitate to assume they may be original. In this case, it's a matter of time before they start leaking. They look pretty great now, though.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting tsijohn333:
Your ecu looks like it could use some fresh caps and a good cleaning. Are you having any problems with your car? Bad idle? hesitation...etc?

Those caps look good. No reason to change them.

kooter

thank you to everyone for the input. I appreciate the help.
The car has been engineless for like 14 or more month, probably another year before I even think to start it again. maybe longer.
I will say when I removed the ecu it was around 85 to 90 degrees outside. I could barely hold the ecu in one hand it was so hot. I was amazed.

kooter

One more question.
Since I have a jdm engine. Would it be worth anything to try to find a jdm ecu?

dsm10o0

You have a newer style gray box ecu. Those caps look clean. Just run it the way it is.

Are you gonna be using the cyclone intake manifold on your car? If so then its easier to set it up with dsmlink instead of searching for a jdm ecu.

Last edited:

kooter

I have been thinking about a cyclone, but that is a whole new world of researching.
but I do like the cyclone concept.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned