The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

dose any one know how to test a cam angle sensor

EROCK970

hey guys my car is not starting. i have fuel i got spark. i thinking it may be a bad CAS OR BAD ECU or just a bad harness bceause it looks like crap. so can really use the help thanks guys

DynastyLCD

a very easy way to see if the CAS is functional, is to take it off the engine, leaving it plugged in with the key on. as you spin the CAS over, you should hear a clicking noise under the hood, signaling that the fuel pump is turning on. also, if you have an aftermarket AFPR, you would see the fuel pressure building on the gauge

GSTwithPSI

If you have spark you CAS is working. It could be out of time. Make sure the CAS timing mark is lined up when the motor is at TDC #1. If you aren't familiar with the process, look look at this link. Scroll down the page to step #4, this is exactly where you should start click .

Last edited:

desant78

Make sure to leave the car in nuetral! I test the cas once and the car jumped at me!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts