The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

getting fuel n spark timing marks line up car won't start just turns n turns

I drove it home last week drove fine. Then we got a blizzard n now it won't start new battery new starter new cables both positive n negative. Sparkplugs are good new as well gapped at .28

prove_it

Have you actually verified spark and fuel are present?

Yes i checked the spark while my girl turned it over n my plugs have gas on them. I hear the fuel n my gauge on my fpr bounces while it turns over. Just outta the blue it stopped starting up. Ldk. I'm lost. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

thomcasey

Check all of your sensor plugs around the thermostat housing. maybe one came loose. This can cause the ecu to see -71 degrees. this will make it dump fuel and take forever to start if at all.

transparentdsm

check compression? i have experienced kind of this issue, it was a customers car not mine. i checked compression and the numbers were all crazy and kept changing. he had carbon buildup on the valves so bad that they wouldn't shut and kept putting out the spark. if the motor is old and the previous owners didn't use 91/93 octane all the time it "could" technically happen. After i confirmed that it was getting compression but it was all over the place. the same cylinder read different every time i checked it. i kept cranking the car with another car jumping it, crank for 10 seconds wait 5 seconds crank for 10 and i did this 2 or 3 cycles and finally the motor warmed up enough to shut the valves and start the car. ran it for a little while then poured small amounts of seafoam into the brake booster vacuum hose. it broke down and cleaned off all the valves and it runs great now. it's a 2.8 V6 audi.

I don't know what i did but I'm assuming i have a bad ground somewhere cuz it started up today i didn't do anything to it it just fired up. But when i turn my lights on or my blinker it dies. But at least I was able to move it for the plow guy lol. I'll check my wiring n alternator n see if that's my issue. Thanks guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned