The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Gauging interest

4nmscle

So there is a local company that does interior trim panels for Honda and Toyota. Originally we were going to be working with them to reproduce Supra dash panels as they are now discontinued and because we were developing a digital dash cluster so we wanted to make it a fitted setup. Any who, I know we have all dealt with the worn brittle plastic A,B,C, and upper trim/pillar pieces, so I am planning on talking to them into possibly reproducing these since you can't just go to the dealer and pick these up due to being discontinued. Now I know everyone's first thought is going to be "How much?" "How long will it take?" I can go ahead and tell you that they will probably be more than the ones you use to be able to purchase from the dealer. To those of you who know the prices through the dealership you already know they would be cheap if they were still available. To give you an idea I use to be able to pick up a driver side A pillar for $10. Now again, I am not saying that it can or will be done, but I want to get an idea of how many people would be interested in purchasing these panels. There are a total of 8 panels so they would need to be sold in sets. No, there will not be a choice of colors. It would be a reproduction of the factory piece and color, likely it would be a tad darker than the OE piece. I am not in this to make a cent so keep that in mind. I am not one to try to profit off of the VR4 community. I am sure some of you remember the group buy I did on the stainless steel braided clutch line setup that I did a few years ago and quite a few of you have purchased parts from me and know that I am a man of my word. With all of this being said, I want to try to get a ball park figure of who would want to do this. Again there is nothing set in stone and I do not have a price on it so please do not ask. Once I get a ball park figure I will post it. This may not happen until the beginning of the year, but I would like to have details for them.

badams

I like the idea, I'd love to have a pair of stock ones. I know you are not talking money but I have paid $40 plus for one so I'm guessing a similar price would be acceptable.

4nmscle

I'm unsure as of yet, but I am hoping to keep these cheaper than that. The only issue is that these will probably have to be bought and sold as a set.

cheekychimp

Just a heads up if you do the trim pieces that run down the edges of the headliner above the A,B and C pillars. A few years back Curtis did a group buy for suede headliners and sent one over to me. My trim pieces didn't reach the headliner edges. It could be a JDM/USDM issue but I sort of doubt that as so many other trim pieces fit. We think it has more to do with sunroof/non sunroof cars and/or the auto seat belt tracks.

It may not be an issue for you, maybe there was something else oddball about the headliner Curtis sourced for me but I just want to throw that out there for you to check before you produce a universal piece that isn't so to speak.

Also, if you do do this, there is a black rubber/plastic trim piece that goes across the headliner at the rear windshield. They tend to warp and become wavy if exposed to heat for long periods. They are also damn expensive (about $100 over here). If you reproduced that piece at a decent price, I'd take three.

Last edited:

citymunky

I think it's a good idea.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned