The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Tubular K member any interest???

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are making a tubular K member for the Evos next week and we are thinking about making one for DSM's. English Racing is interested in a couple and i am making one for my Galant does anyone else want one? We told the Evo community we needed 10 people to make them and that took about 2 days . So is anyone interested here? We make the Evo ones for $800 so the DSM ones would be around the same price . We could also make tubular lower arms for the DSM. I am also not someone working out of their garage with no welding experience. I have 12 years weld/fab experience and about 5 years with just suspension/chassis work. These will be street/strip units made from cromo with swaybar mounts and all oem attachments. Our Evo K member weighs around 11lbs.

toybreaker

iconoclast
We're kinda once bitten twice shy about certain kinds of "group buys" around here

Some pictures of your product would go well with your post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

steve

+1 These were promised before and not delivered, or maybe delivered poorly? Nothing personal of course. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barnes

Is this going to a carbon fiber piece?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

I will have pics of the Evo K member up next week some time. I understand i have seen some of those other K members : ( i will post up some of my welding pics tomorrow. Cars parts are my hobby i work for a company that does work with the USDOE. If my welds fail it could be catastophic. That is why i have nearly 20 AWS/ASME welding certs. This is not a pay up front deal just trying to judge interest. I was going to just make 5 but if i have 10 people who are interested (seriously) i will make a larger batch. It also helps me bring the price down a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

IncorpoRatedX

Make 5, i garuntee you'll sell 5, make 5 more, sell 5 more.

group buys are retarded, made to order sh*t around here doesnt fly.

make a product, sell a product.

Barnes

Josh pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Whoodoo

Quoting Alpha Male:
Make 5, i garuntee you'll sell 5, make 5 more, sell 5 more.

group buys are retarded, made to order sh*t around here doesnt fly.

make a product, sell a product.

That's not ALWAYS the case... I've built a few short shifters that were sort of 'made to order' style. Then again, these were only a hundred bucks, not eight.

Guys no to be a dick but lets keep it on track. This is not a "I hate group buys "thread. I never do them since i am a vendor for most companies and i can match any group price to begin with. This is a simple are you interested yes or no. Honestly so far this is a bit discouraging maybe i should just stick with the Evo community? I have seen the old post on here and know what has happened. I am not that person this is all done through a shop. www.apm-racing.net you can also look at our facebook to see other items i have done. So yes or no let me know. Thanks!

1941Galant

I'd like to say that I'm interested, but I couldn't tell you if I will have the cash when the time comes. I graduate next week, and if I don't find a job soon after, that means no more spending money on this car.

Street Surgeon

I'm intersted, how much are we talking and got any pics?

DougPorcaro

You have interest here, as well as interest for tubular control arms. Though I need to see a finished product before I commit to buy anything.

DR1665

Tubular CrMo k-members are a solid investment in platform longevity on a proper race car.

I can see why they're so popular among the Evo owners. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

IncorpoRatedX

Not trying to be a dick but if you read the old threads and saw the problems, you also saw there is DEFINITELY interest.

TylerAdamson

Just as a point of reference, the Polk k-members were sold for over $1k when he was making them. I feel that $800 for something of this nature is very reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts