The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Group Buy GVR-4 Carbon hood & trunk .....any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoothCustomer

Quoting BarnesMobile:
I'm all for a group buy. You just have to follow my recommendations:

1)Make molds from good body parts, and don't screw up the mold
2)Make CF hood and truck
3)Hand deliver CF parts to potential buyer
4)Potential buyer will now install said parts and inspect the fit and finish.
5)If satisfied, potential buyer will pay you.

Notice how the very last thing is you getting paid? That's exactly how CF hood/truck group buys are going to work on this board in the future.

Yeah but then the seller is going to get screwed and we all know it. In a perfect world these get shipped to a reliable distributor/middle man where the buyer can then test fit it, and if everything is not up to par then that middle man takes care of returns so the seller doesn't get screwed too. At least that's the only way I would do it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Barnes

Wrong SC. On this board, this is how it has to operate. Maybe if it weren't made of carbon fiber. Maybe if they weren't hoods and trucks. But CF hoods and trunks = the seller takes 100% of the risk. It is sad, but this is how it must be done.

raptorWagon

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I thought this thread was about Carbon Fiber hoods and trunks not "trucks", though according to Jon I could fit a CF truck on my car.

but yes Mr. New guy, if you need further reference to what happened to that last group buy on this very idea...It failed Miserably and horribly, with many people getting screwed out of their money and poor fitment of the final product. Someone down the line got their card double charged and that itself was a whole another fiasco /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif.

CF + GVR4s = Unobtainium.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barnes

Quoting SmoothCustomer:
Why? My way the buyer still has no obligation.

A) No perfect world
B) No reliable middle man
C) If perfect world and reliable middle man exist, and CF hood or trunk is involved, middle man will get screwed.

SmoothCustomer

But it shouldn't really matter. The seller would arrange who the middle man is. It would obviously have to be a legitimate retailer though for safety reasons. the middle man wouldn't get screwed because they have nothing invested in the product.

Barnes

Seller and middle man would be in cahoots. Legitimate retailer does not exist when CF hoods/trunks are involved.

Hertz

Staff member
Newbies aren't allowed to sell parts.
This post is in the wrong section.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lockd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts