The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Group Buy GVR-4 Carbon hood & trunk .....any interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

not sure if there are many people looking to do this mod but thought if there was a group buy on it we can get the price down.
so this is more like a feeler to see if there would be anyone seriously interested in getting either one or both of the hood and the trunk.

let me know what you guys think.

stealthtt24

Quoting scout:
not sure if there are many people looking to do this mod but thought if there was a group buy on it we can get the price down.
so this is more like a feeler to see if there would be anyone seriously interested in getting either one or both of the hood and the trunk.

Do a few searches you will see that they usually end in disaster. I would love a CF hood but would only buy it if I could test fit it first which is COMPLETELY unrealistic.

CarRacer

This sounds like a good idea. I'm in.

mooserage

Staff member
I don't know why no one searches before they post, why? Almost everything you can think of has been done, look it up. And again most people do not like group buys around here, and nothing personal, but especially from someone with 5 posts that no one appears to know.
-shamus

Nartanian

Quoting CarRacer:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited:

Diego

Cool shoot me a box with the hood and trunk and ill pay you later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

This would be great but like above stated: this really ends bad

We like group buys but not on CF

Last edited:

mikus

img.php

boostedinaz

Quoting scout:

Let's see a guy with 3 post who hasn't bothered to research the topic at hand....yes please tell me where to send you my hand earned money.

onesickcrx

I wanted a hood and a trunk

But after seeing whats gone down I am good! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

381gvr4

Quoting CarRacer:

I lol'd!! Its funny the sites user and post history repeats itself on a yearly basis /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif
Round n round..... round n round..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think some group buys go south due to bad communication or misinformation.
sometimes the buyer doesnt really have the money to buy and backs out last minute.

i'll post some details on price quantity and time when i get everything together.

Barnes

I'm all for a group buy. You just have to follow my recommendations:

1)Make molds from good body parts, and don't screw up the mold
2)Make CF hood and trunk
3)Hand deliver CF parts to potential buyer
4)Potential buyer will now install said parts and inspect the fit and finish.
5)If satisfied, potential buyer will pay you.

Notice how the very last thing is you getting paid? That's exactly how CF hood/truck group buys are going to work on this board in the future.

Last edited by a moderator:

boostedinaz

Quoting scout:

i'll post some details on price quantity and time when i get everything together.

Who is making these parts for you? What molds are they using? Are these JDM hoods or just stock replacements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned