The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant GSX CR?

Jesh

I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the forums but I didn't have any luck finding it. Anyways, I have a '91 Galant GSX that has been my parts car till recently. I have since decided to fix it up and get her running! My question is this, what is the compression ratio of the 4g63 in naturally aspirated form?

IncorpoRatedX

9.0:1

cheekychimp

Wow that's really low. I would have thought it would have been higher than that.

Jesh

Hmmm... that is much lower than I thought it would be, I figured around 10:1.

fuel

jap spec is also 9.0:1 for the earlier models rated for 145hp or 10.4:1 for the later 160hp models and the 170hp AMG.

The 93-96 JDM RVR Sports Gear runs 10.5:1 pistons (on 7 bolt rods & 22mm wrist pins) and is also rated for 160hp.

fuel

they could well do but the documentation I have seen so far states 9.0:1 - click

I know our NZDM GTi-16V hatch had 9.5:1 CR, and historically the NZDM hatches have had higher compression ratio than the sedan counterparts - ie the GLX 4G37 sedan was 9.1:1 while the same 4G37 powered GLS hatch is 9.5:1.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned