The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

converting galant gsx to turbo using vr4 wiring harness. question

blue64tsi

So just to start out im not a newbie lol. I have a vr4,had it about 3 years, was at the shootout in the lineup, some of you might know me. Well my tinkering side got the best of me and i bought a nice galant gsx. Body is rust free and the price was right... So i got to swapping out the wiring harness to convert to turbo. The harness im putting into the car is from a 91 vr4 and the gsx im putting it into is a 90. Well here is where my question is.. Under the dash of the galant GSX on the body side of the harness there are 2 large white wiring connections... and on the body side of the VR4 harness there are 3 large white wiring connections. This scared me, but i took a guess and assumed since it was on the body side it had something to do with the factory boost guage wiring. Or even something to do with abs or aws or alarm since these are equipped on the vr4 and not the gsx... So i hooked everyting up minus the one connector that isnt there obviously... Keyed car foward,starter works, windows work, sunroof works seatbelts work.. So im not too worried. I cant start car cause motor isnt in lol. But just curios if anyone knows for 100% sure what that extra plug is.. i know someone has to have done this swap and can answer my question.... im going to attempt to load pics. so everyone can see what i mean...Thanks for any info -adam

blue64tsi

First pic is the 2 body harness plugs in the galant gsx. Second pic is with 2 of the 3 galant vr4 plugs plugged into the gsx body harness. and showing the 3rd extra plug from the vr4 harness... and 3rd pic is a close up of the extra plug from the vr4 harness which the galant gsx harness does not have.

strokin4dr

I'm sure you can find your answer HERE.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts