The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant Gsx?

Mr_Fielgood

What are the differences between the 91 and 92 gvr4? And what is a galant gsx? I'm starting to think mine is a galant gsx.

MellowVR4

91 only came in summit white, nile black, and belize green. 92 they added the Kensington grey, 91 and 92 taillights, grills, and badging is also different. Galant GSX only came AWD non turbo.

strokin4dr

Why would you think you have a GSX?
Snap a pic on the chassis ID place under the hood. Easiest way to tell what you have without guessing.

strokin4dr

I am assuming it is turbocharged, awd, and possibly has a dash badge judging by the info giving. Sounds like he just isn't sure if it's a conversion or not.

If ain't turbocharged then lol at this thread!

92_talon_awd

GSX also has different bumpers, no fog light spaces, cloth seats instead of leather, different rims.

Mr_Fielgood

I am thinking that my car might be converted to a vr4 because when I got my car insured and gave the vin number to the guy on the phone he said that it is the gsx model. My car is turbocharged, awd with leather interior with the badge on the dash. But you can barely see the number on the badge. I have black trim around the tail lights it does have a sun roof.

EMX5636

Yup. Mark is right. No worries. Mine was listed as a GSX on my last insurance company, but VR4 on my new stated value policy.

slugsgomoo

Quoting turbowop:
You have a VR4. It's a common issue for some insurance companies not to recognize it as such.

Yep, and depending on the company, you get a cheaper rate with them lumping it in with the GSX, for what that's worth.

I have state farm and it's listed as a VR-4

Mr_Fielgood

Thanks guys I appreciate all the help. Yeah I agree about the price going down if it's listed as gsx. That's why I didn't try to correct the insurance guy lol.

92_talon_awd

That could come back to bite you though if the insurance company values the gsx less than the vr4 and it ever gets in an accident.

LIV4PSI

VR4s aren't worth anything. I would think the GSX would have the same replacement value. They are harder to come by even

Jesus_Negros

Quoting 92_talon_awd:
That could come back to bite you though if the insurance company values the gsx less than the vr4 and it ever gets in an accident.

No worries they aint worth sh*t.

Jesus_Negros

Sad, but true. No matter how much they mean to you and your feelings , in real life they aint worth sh*t.

Cool cars though. Love them.

92_talon_awd

NADA says the vr4 cost 6k more then the gsx brand new. Now the average vr4 is worth a whopping 300 bucks more then a gsx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned