The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant GS 5LUG swap with Big Brake upgrade up front. Q's

moidsm1

I know I do not have a VR4, I recently did the 5 Lug Swap on my Galant GS FWD. It was pretty straightforward, everything was bolt on. For the front I used a 92 GSX Spindle/hub with the smaller rotors. For braking on the front I used VR4 Dual piston/Calipers., They bolted right up to the GSX spindles. Now my question is, What front brake rotors should I be using? and should I have taken the proportioning valve from the VR4 I got the Dual Piston calipers from? Thanks.

fivestardsm

Rotors form a 92.5-94 eclipse turbo FWD GST or AWD GSX. The parts store would specify this when you went to get them. Theyd ask if it has this rotor, or that rotor. Best to start out with saying it is for a 94 with the big brakes, and ask them what size they have themn listed as.

moidsm1

ok.

So 94 AWD DSM Had the bigger rotor size? Im currently using the 92 small rotors and it looks like some of the VR4 brake pad doesnt fully cover the smaller rotor.

Thanks for the info

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned