The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Pump?

marvinmadman

What is the best in-tank Pump for the money? I need to order one. Ive only had two different pumps in my previous Galants, Supra and Walbro hp255.

Last edited:

123abc

Personally, for the money buy a used evo 9 pump. You can get them all day under 30 bucks and pump out 200 lph I think?

JSchleim18

The Walbro 400LPH pump is looking like a top pick for High HP cars. Can be had for $170 shipped with the install kit (if you check my FS ad)

marvinmadman

I was looking at the FP pump but was unsure about it fitting the Galant. It shows the 342 pump for 1g FWD and all 2g's. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
The jays pump was my next choice if the FP wouldnt fit.

SleepinGVR4

Yeah I didn't realize that till after I bought and installed it. Didn't have any problems.

The fuel line they give you with the pump is really nice. Its that good stuff that doesn't get soft and expand when submerged in fuel.

Also the foam sleeve that comes with it really quiets the pump down.

marvinmadman

Looks like the differences are in the placement of the inlet and outlet. So the difference isnt that much to be concerned about? I would imagine you would have noticed any big WTF!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Galantvr4559

I believe the evo pumps are 190 lph. I have had a walbro in both my cars that were turboed. Get a 255lph pump. Walbro's are around 100 shipped.

chrisb33

OP hope you dont mind i high jack this thread. im also in need of a fuel pump. what can you guys say about DENSO or BOSCH fuel pumps?

thanks.

chrisb

GSX_TC

the aeromotive 340 drop in kicked but when it was compared to others in a lil fuel pump shootout. thats what im getting

SleepinGVR4

The Denso AKA Supra TT pump is tried and true. Its said to be good for 500 HP. Nice thing about it is it drops right in with minimal modification.

The Bosch 044 pump is also a serious fuel pump. Can be used as an in tank fuel pump but the sending unit needs to be modified.

The aeromotive did do well in tests but I'd rather support a DSM vendor like Jay Racing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned