The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

503 left me stranded today...

turbowop

I bought it from Sosa. He hardly put any miles on it before he parted out the black Talon. Under 500miles I know for sure. He painted it black, which I think looks pretty slick.

It's basically the same as a Shep stg4. DSM 1st, double cone 2nd, Evo3 double cone 3-4, welded center, etc.

4thStroke

Thats the same tranny I destroyed in 3000 miles.

Yours should last you forever, however. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited:

turbowop

Yeah, I pamper my sh*t. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

The trans came out of this engine bay/car:

DSCN1233.jpg

Although, it's not shown in that pic. He grenaded the tranny in that pic, then had Lucas build him the one that now sits on my garage floor. It wasn't in the car for long.

Last edited:

4thStroke

That picture makes me want to clean my engine bay.

have you seen my engine bay, Mark?

When are you coming out this way?

turbowop

I was at Hood with Brian last Sunday. I'm sure I'll be down again since they shut down the mountain two runs in. I need to use the raincheck they gave me before I get shoulder surgery.

4thStroke

Get a hold of me when you do come out. I have yet to take in the Acrop experience. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

fivestardsm

I remeber hearing something like this a little while back. click

Sounds about the same. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

atc250r

Staff member
What about a 3KGT pump?

As for the whine, its barely noticeable in my GVR4 but the same pump in a 1G or 2G makes a bunch of noise. Its definitely because the hatch goes from smaller in the back by the pump to larger as it goes toward the front, just like a megaphone. That amplifies the noise big time.

John

iLLeffeKt vr-4

Quoting turbowop:
"Denso reliability" is an ironic term in this thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I never really understood the hoopla over the "whine" that everybody says is so horrible with the Walbros. Both the older 190 and the current 255HP I've had on 1051 aren't loud enough to warrant me wanting to spend money on anything else. Then again, the car is pretty loud and vibraty. I'll see if I can find an Evo unit I guess.

I'm with you on this one. I love how many people knock on the walbros and praise the supra fuel pumps but yet I've seen just as many supra pump fail. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
As far as the whine from the walbro I've never had a problem with them. Ran a 255hp in my eclipse gsx, a 255 and later on a 255hp in the galant and I've never heard the damn thing. I did use the rubber cover it came with.

4Grim

Quoting turbowop:
Yeah, I pamper my sh*t. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

The trans came out of this engine bay/car:

DSCN1233.jpg

Although, it's not shown in that pic. He grenaded the tranny in that pic, then had Lucas build him the one that now sits on my garage floor. It wasn't in the car for long.

I am interested in how the coilpack was relocated. Is that a special bracket made to relocate the coilpack to the strut apron?

turbowop

New pump showed up from APE today. Walbro 190HP. I had to make a run to the junkyard to find a pump isolator for the bottom of the pump from another Mitsu that worked, as the Supra one wouldn't. Bent the hanger back to the shape it was before whoever installed the Supra pump bent it up. Now hopefully my gas gauge will be a little more accurate. I think the Supra pump was hitting the tank floor and pushing the whole assembly upwards a hair.

Anyway, finished up the install and the car fired right up after a few cranks to build pressure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I noticed before I threw the Supra pump into the garbage that when shaken, a lot of little sh*t was rattling around inside. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned