The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel Pump sale!!!

prove_it

Just found the new Deatschwerks DW301 fuel pump on sale at Vivid Racing for 125 shipped. No install kit, at least I didn't get one. This pump is identical to the Wally 255hp Gss342 pump, which is what we need for the GVR4. If you don't know it's a 320lph pump that MAPerformance is claiming up to 600whp on E85 with just a single drop in pump. Took a pic of it with a OEM fuel sock I ordered. Fits perfect. Normal pricing is around 160 plus shipping so thought I'd post this up for those looking to ditch the wally. I've been through two failed wally pumps and I'll never use one again. This guy has a no fault 3 year warranty too.

I ordered the Forester kit, they have an evo kit, but it's 150. I really only needed the pump itself. I gotta call and find out why the install kit didn't show, but if you have a wally, then the kit you already have will work too, otherwise any OE sock will work.

Link: Vivid racing clearance deal
Pic:

Last edited:

tektic

You mention socks.. I have herd that some hold up better to E-85 than others. Have any knowledge on that subject?

prove_it

I've used OEM with no issues for years.

diambo4life

Why not just order the AEM 320? It flows more than the DW at the boost pressure ranges we run, comes with a complete install kit and for those who run E85, there's the E85 safe unit. ExtremePSI sells them for $120. The non E85 unit is like $102...and that's with the install kit.

Last edited:

prove_it

Cause AEM 320 has a 1 Year warrenty that they don't stand by. I've heard stories of failed pumps that they won't cover. The DW301 has a 3 year.

The DW301 has been a solid performer since it came out, and personally I'm not an AEM fan. That personal opinion though.

Also forgot to mention that the AEM pumps have a different connector. So if going from a wally to the AEM you'll need to rewire it. It won't just swap over from a wally pump.

Last edited:

dsmless

I had a DW pump on my turbo colt, no issues at all and this was 3 years ago. Still going strong. And the kid who now owns the car beats the sh*t out of it. Would have bought another one for my gay but got a hella deal on a wally 450

AllanL

Forester kit is bolt on to our hangers?

warranty is an additional $10.14.

Thanks!

Last edited:

prove_it

The kit is for a forrester, but your only going to use the pump itself. The sock won't work and you'll need an OE one. My pump hanger was modded to not have the lower bracket and deleted the pump neck and used a hose instead. This works best if your replacing a walbro as the walbro install kit is the same. It's way cheaper than a dual wally set-up.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned