The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FS: Powder coating discount for GalantVR4.org members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSSA

I'm offering up a discount to members on powdercoating services.

Unfortunately, with the influx of fly-by-night, and "out-of-my house on weekends or when I need beer money" powder coaters, our prices are pretty low to begin with (which will be going up the first of the year). However, we'll knock 5% off of your order on orders up to $100, and 10% off of orders above $100 (shipping not included in calculation of order total).

It's the most we can offer on our current pricing (considering setup and clean up time make sub-$100 custom orders come to very little profit already), but I wanted to offer up something to my GVR4 brethren!

Happy holidays guys!

Josh

www.jnzfinishing.com
www.jnztuning.com

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Powder coated block? How well does that hold up?

Quoting blacksheep:
First ghvr4 memeber question - How much to powdercoat a set of jackstands?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Baller cars on baller jackstands. Josh, does that include a core?

DSSA

Send me a picture of the jackstands in question, precious. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Oh, god....I get it now. I guess working with Joe I was infected by his "I don't get jokes" humor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

DSSA

Quoting iceman69510:
Powder coated block? How well does that hold up?

As long as you're not going to get your block hotter then 400 degrees, it holds up fine. If you plan on melting motors on a regular basis though, we can use high-temp powder which is good over 600. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DSSA

Quoting Garfield Wright:
Quoting blacksheep:
First ghvr4 memeber question - How much to powdercoat a set of jackstands?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Baller cars on baller jackstands. Josh, does that include a core?

I've got plenty of cores...in fact, I can do core-exchanges on whole GVR4s if you want. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Romanova

Need to get you guys my VC for a wrinkle black coat... the fuel rail you did for me in wrinkle black was sick.

DSSA

Wrinkle Black is da bomb!

In fact I love all the textured colors since I live in PA and am lazy with keeping my cars clean.
Yes, I think that other colors look better when new, but you won't find me commonly under my hood with a rag and polish.

I love the fact that you can degrease the engine bay, use a pressure sprayer, and when it dries the texture colors look like they just came out of the oven.

To do a valve cover in wrinkle black it would be $50 (until the 1st of the year) and $15 for polishing of the lettering (if you choose to go that route) since it's only a single-coat color. After that, you take off the discount for the forum and it's either $47.50 or $61.75 (polished lettering).

We can also do that in a 48 hour (business hours) turn around time and get it back out to you.

On another note (but related), we do have a core-exchange program for valve covers where you pay $50 core charge on top of the coating costs and get the $50 back upon receiving your good core back (no cracks, no stripped threads, no loose baffles, no blasting media under the baffles etc.--we have to be picky as you'd want to be if you're the one getting it).

Unfortunately, we only have the "DOHC" covers in stock and ready to roll at the moment, and not the "Mitsubishi" ones like the GVR4s came with.

Thanks!

Josh

chargedawd

What about a set of Evo calipers? Mine are all different colors now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Romanova

Any price difference for wrinkle black VC with wrinkle red letters and Mitsu logo?

DSSA

Quoting chargedawd:
What about a set of Evo calipers? Mine are all different colors now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

We can do Evo Calipers for $45/each for single coat colors, but I would highly suggest doing a clear over them regardless for longevity sake, which would increase that cost by 50%.

There is one catch to this though---we will only do calipers if they're disassembled before they're sent in and the owner reassembles them when they get them back. There's just too much liability (especially for $45) otherwise.

Josh

Last edited:

DSSA

Quoting Romanova:
Any price difference for wrinkle black VC with wrinkle red letters and Mitsu logo?

Yes, unfortunately, as it's two coats (lay the red down first, mask everything off, hit with wrinkle black, carefully peel off masking, then cure it).

Black with red lettering would be $50, plus $25 (50% more for two coat colors), then $35 for the masking, etc.

After the board discount (10% over $100) you'd be looking at $99 for that setup.

I'm guessing that you're looking for something like this:

DSC00562_1.jpg

That customer requested wrinkle black with wrinkle red lettering, but I think gloss red would look much hotter, albeit harder to keep looking nice.

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Josh and the guys at JNZ are the best. They did some ATV parts for me. Reasonable prices, top notch finish, and quick turnaround.

DSSA

Here's a color that is a PITA to work with, but looks awesome in natural light (artificial lighting in pictures unfortunately).

Vermilion Splash:

VermillionforFinishing.jpg

Vermillion1.jpg

Last edited:

thedsmguy

Well. I'd like to get a VC in wrinkle black with the shiny red letters. I'd also like to know if I can just pay for it by sending you good cores. I'm also considering having other parts of the engine bay coated, what do you suggest? Oh, and I'm wondering if by chance instead of black wrinkle you could do a color close to Belieze green (kinda a light forrest green) in wrinkle..

I'll PM ya as well.

blacksheep

Josh - you guys do wheels correct? Do you know if you can do a hyper black - its like a shiny chromy black finish. I know hard to show in a picture, but here is an idea...

enkei_ev5_hyperblack.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned