The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Soon to come... Tubular control arms & K members and more!

belize1334

Please explain where and how one would adjust caster based on that last image 'cause I just don't see it. The rear mounting point looks just like the stock style rear mounting point.

atc250r

Staff member
It looks like the front mounting point is a heim joint that can be moved in or out, thus changing your caster.

John

belize1334

Ok, sure. But we were talking about independent caster and camber adjustability. Otherwise your caster and camber are tied together and you still need a top plate.

Quote:

I eliminated it with a bracket that when the rear bolts are loosened, slide the rear of the arm to the desired alignment specification you wish to obtain. Mark it, set your front end to correct misalignment and camber. When they are shipped, they are marked and set very close to stock specs. Of course every car is different. I hope you guys are understanding me, let me know if I lost ya!-Jason

^^^I just want a picture of this cause the above images don't show it.

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
There's really no practical way to adjust caster from the bottom and not have some affect on camber. I would say the top plates should be a given if you're running a car at the level where you need arms like these. If for nothing else, to solidly mount the top of the strut.

From the way the message was worded I thought you were simply looking for the pic of how the caster is adjusted.

John

belize1334

I know camber and caster will always affect each-other when done at the bottom. But in the quoted statement we are lead to understand that this arm allows independent control over both the front and rear mounting positions so that by playing the two adjustment points off of each other one could get their desired caster/camber combo. From the image, I don't see the rear adjustment point that was referred. I'm asking for pics showing exactly where and how that works cause it just looks like the stock rear mounting point to me.

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
Quoting belize1334:
Please explain where and how one would adjust caster based on that last image 'cause I just don't see it. The rear mounting point looks just like the stock style rear mounting point.

img.php

I'm not looking to argue with you Roger but based on the quoted question above and the image it was referencing, I answered the question in an attempt to try to clarify it for you.

John

If you read my original post I stated those are the drag version with no caster adjustment at the rear.

belize1334

Ah, that explains it. When you do get a set together with the rear mount adjustability I'd very much like to see a picture.

MitchooO

where are these???? ive never seen this post but found in a search?

thecman02

I'm down for a group buy... If the price is right it'll help liven up the 17 year old suspension parts I got going on.

Update for guys that have placed orders.

With weeks of dealing with incorrectly machined ball joint plates we finally have a new design due to the ignorant fabrication shop that made my plates. We now use a cup style ball joint end. Control arm design has slightly changed and is actually a few ounces lighter. We will have all the orders complete and ready tomorrow evening. I sincerely apologize for the delay but we don't want to sell junk to get a product to you in a timely fashion. I would rather hear some complaining about time than a broken part and smashed car.

Sneak of the new design:

G

Staff member
Anyone install them yet? I guess i'm just worried about the strength of the welds.

G

Staff member
Ok, just because i get leary of other peoples welding unless i know who they are & their skill level. I may be interested in buying an uncoated set.

THEKID

does anybody know how to get in touch with 2fasdsm to purchase these? he hasn't logged on i some time and if you call the number he posted it goes straight to voice mail.

G

Staff member
Leave a message ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

THEKID

left a message about 2 weeks agoe

thecman02

Any news? He tried calling almost two months back but I was at work and couldn't talk. I called him when I got out of work and didn't get a hold of him.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned